The Student Room Group

Public Policy Masters Applicants 2021 entry

Hi everyone, this is a thread for everyone applying to Public Policy postgraduate programmes this year.

Current course:
Universities you're applying to:
Offers received and date:

Share as much detail as you’d like :smile:

This is me:
Current course: Business Management
Universities you're applying to: KCL, UCL
Offers received and date: nothing yet!
Reply 1
Original post by walia321
Hi everyone, this is a thread for everyone applying to Public Policy postgraduate programmes this year.

Current course:

This is me:

Submitted my application December 15th with required supporting documentation.

I've had no update on my application since. I asked if there was any updates that could be given and when to expect a response and received an automated message.

Patiently waiting for a decision...
Reply 2
Original post by Swoop2
Submitted my application December 15th with required supporting documentation.

I've had no update on my application since. I asked if there was any updates that could be given and when to expect a response and received an automated message.

Patiently waiting for a decision...

I only applied in January but the wait is really tough! Which universities have you applied to?
Reply 3
I only applied in January but the wait is really tough! Which universities have you applied to?

I've applied to QMUL and the MPA program at University of Southern California. Although my wife and I are American, she has been accepted into a fully funded PHD program in the United Kingdom.

To be frank, given my personal situation I am currently favoring USC. I wanted to avoid doing an online program, but I have spoken with alumni who have only said great things about the program. It is also among the top 3 programs in the United States for public policy, and I am fortunate enough to have access for full funding.

KCL has a great reputation as well, but from my perspective as an international student, the application process reflects poorly on the program.
(edited 3 years ago)

Current course:

This is me:

You haven't considered Oxbridge, or LSE?
Reply 5
Original post by Swoop2
I've applied to QMUL and the MPA program at University of Southern California. Although my wife and I are American, she has been accepted into a fully funded PHD program in the United Kingdom.

To be frank, given my personal situation I am currently favoring USC. I wanted to avoid doing an online program, but I have spoken with alumni who have only said great things about the program. It is also among the top 3 programs in the United States for public policy, and I am fortunate enough to have access for full funding.

KCL has a great reputation as well, but from my perspective as an international student, the application process reflects poorly on the program.

Ahh I see .. hope you're able to make the best choice for yourself and situation!
Reply 6
Original post by Forum Helper 8
You haven't considered Oxbridge, or LSE?

I did consider both Oxbridge and LSE but I didn't apply because I feel like I don't have enough relevant work experience for Oxbridge considering I haven't even graduated yet and with LSE I'm put off by their fees and I believe I don't qualify for their scholarships

If you don't mind me asking are you applying/ have you applied to any Public Policy courses?
I did consider both Oxbridge and LSE but I didn't apply because I feel like I don't have enough relevant work experience for Oxbridge considering I haven't even graduated yet and with LSE I'm put off by their fees and I believe I don't qualify for their scholarships

If you don't mind me asking are you applying/ have you applied to any Public Policy courses?

What work experience do you have? Yes, I applied to Oxbridge only. Still waiting :smile: Which university do you study at?
Reply 8
Original post by Forum Helper 8
What work experience do you have? Yes, I applied to Oxbridge only. Still waiting :smile: Which university do you study at?

oh wow good luck hope you get in!! I only have a few weeks worth of admin experience, an insight work experience in recruitment and I started my own society at uni. I don't have anything directly relevant to policy but I wanted to apply anyways.

What is your professional background like? :smile:
oh wow good luck hope you get in!! I only have a few weeks worth of admin experience, an insight work experience in recruitment and I started my own society at uni. I don't have anything directly relevant to policy but I wanted to apply anyways.

What is your professional background like? :smile:

Which university do you go to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending