The Student Room Group

Should I tell her my feelings?

I do not want to wait until she is gone and it is too late. She and her family are leaving the UK once the lockdown is over. We have known each other since childhood, and I couldn't imagine not seeing her. We have lived on the same street for a long time. Our families are friends, but our mothers are not find of each other. She and I took a walk past the riverside, and kissed as a way of saving farewell. She is not on any social media, especially not FB, not since she was stalked by her ex boyfriend. It breaks my heart imagining life without her, but her family refuses to say where they're going to live, so I guess this is the end our of friendship.

Should I tell her that I love her, or do I simply wave goodbye?

Scroll to see replies

I think you should get it out before it’s too late. You don’t want to regret to telling her
Original post by anonymous
i do not want to wait until she is gone and it is too late. She and her family are leaving the uk once the lockdown is over. We have known each other since childhood, and i couldn't imagine not seeing her. We have lived on the same street for a long time. Our families are friends, but our mothers are not find of each other. She and i took a walk past the riverside, and kissed as a way of saving farewell. She is not on any social media, especially not fb, not since she was stalked by her ex boyfriend. It breaks my heart imagining life without her, but her family refuses to say where they're going to live, so i guess this is the end our of friendship.

Should i tell her that i love her, or do i simply wave goodbye?

tell her man
Reply 3
Stop trolling 👍
Original post by Sign Up
Stop trolling 👍

Huh? How’s it trolling? You look like the new member here
Reply 5
Original post by Sign Up
Stop trolling 👍

How am I trolling? If you have nothing useful to say, please keep your comments to yourself.
Reply 6
Original post by jackmarshal757
Huh? How’s it trolling? You look like the new member here

Original post by Anonymous
How am I trolling? If you have nothing useful to say, please keep your comments to yourself.

I just thought it looked like a troll thread.. :mad:
Original post by Sign Up
I just thought it looked like a troll thread.. :mad:

You’ve not been here long enough to know what a troll thread looks like
Reply 8
Original post by jackmarshal757
You’ve not been here long enough to know what a troll thread looks like

And who said this is my first account?
Tell her so you don't regret it later. I don't know what you expect though. You're saying she's moving to a different country...
Original post by CatGentleman
Tell her so you don't regret it later. I don't know what you expect though. You're saying she's moving to a different country...

I merely want to tell her how amazing she is, and how much I will miss her. I know nothing will come of it, but she and I have been so close for such a long time, so I don't know. I just want her to know how I feel, even if she doesn't feel the same.
100% you should tell her! Get it off your chest otherwise you are going to regret it!
I merely want to tell her how amazing she is, and how much I will miss her. I know nothing will come of it, but she and I have been so close for such a long time, so I don't know. I just want her to know how I feel, even if she doesn't feel the same.

You should tell her because whatever the outcome, you at least will not look back and think why didn't I say something.
You should tell her because whatever the outcome, you at least will not look back and think why didn't I say something.

I suppose, but I do not want her to feel awkward, I want to spend whatever time I have left with only her. She may reject me, and never talk to me again, and that is what I am trying to avoid.
I suppose, but I do not want her to feel awkward, I want to spend whatever time I have left with only her. She may reject me, and never talk to me again, and that is what I am trying to avoid.

thats always a risk when u tell someone u like them...btw i have done it, got rejected, hurt like a ***** but still dont regret it at all. I did everything I could.
(edited 3 years ago)
thats always a risk when u tell someone u like them...btw i have done it, got rejected, hurt like a ***** but still dont regret it at all. I did everything I could.

I guess, it could be a simple case of "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." who knows maybe I'm overthinking the entire situation, and she might feel the same. I'm sorry what happened to you.
I guess, it could be a simple case of "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." who knows maybe I'm overthinking the entire situation, and she might feel the same. I'm sorry what happened to you.

Yeah it very much is. I am not sry about it, obviously I'd have preferred if she liked me back but the experience made me more resilient and less ... entitled. I'd do it again.
Yeah it very much is. I am not sry about it, obviously I'd have preferred if she liked me back but the experience made me more resilient and less ... entitled. I'd do it again.

I never thought of rejection like that, I suppose some good does come from it. I am considering writing her a text, or perhaps gifting her with a photo of us. Something that will let her know that I have enjoyed our time together, and I will miss her greatly.
I never thought of rejection like that, I suppose some good does come from it. I am considering writing her a text, or perhaps gifting her with a photo of us. Something that will let her know that I have enjoyed our time together, and I will miss her greatly.

Tell her, video call or if possible face to face. Don't write texts.
Tell her, video call or if possible face to face. Don't write texts.

Face to face is hard right now because of covid, I guess I could video call her, but I just want it to be us two with nobody else around, as it will be embarrassing to confess my feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest