The Student Room Group

how to have more energy?

I feel so dull and dozy all the time rn! Like I sleep abt 1 hours a night, don't exercise that much and eat a bit too many simple carbs/ junk food. Will working out loads and eating more slow release carbs give me more energy? I feel like I'm just missing the excitement or deeper purpose from life or something...

Scroll to see replies

ahaha i mean 7 hours
I mean not staying up using tsr might be a good start...
pls reply I needs dopamine from comments
Original post by castilloboi
I feel so dull and dozy all the time rn! Like I sleep abt 1 hours a night, don't exercise that much and eat a bit too many simple carbs/ junk food. Will working out loads and eating more slow release carbs give me more energy? I feel like I'm just missing the excitement or deeper purpose from life or something...

I felt like this before Christmas this year so I did some research. Apparently the foods you eat really contributed to your mood. E.g. eating fast foods and high sugar foods all the time. I still eat these but just on a less regular basis. Also try to go outside for even just 5 minutes to get some fresh air, always makes me feel better! I felt really sluggish so set myself a fitness target and it helps but you CANT view it as a job, you have to view it as something you enjoy. Hope that helps!
how can some people in my lockdown history class only sleep 2 hours a night and be basically fine??
Original post by cloud_09
I felt like this before Christmas this year so I did some research. Apparently the foods you eat really contributed to your mood. E.g. eating fast foods and high sugar foods all the time. I still eat these but just on a less regular basis. Also try to go outside for even just 5 minutes to get some fresh air, always makes me feel better! I felt really sluggish so set myself a fitness target and it helps but you CANT view it as a job, you have to view it as something you enjoy. Hope that helps!

yh good point I defo need to find some excercise I enjoy. I used to do a lot of cross country running but I kinda stopped and don't want to rejoin my group while I'm slow and unfit

Hey I fell you (well felt) I started a new diet and lifestyle change and I have so much energy. Its also helped with mental health. Excerise will help as it realises hormones and you'll feel great for doing it even if it's just walking. I recommend trying to reduce your carb and sugar in take as you'll have so much energy! Like you wouldn't think you could feel that much better just not having as many carbs and stuff. I hope that helps. If you want to go into further dm me xx
yh I do drink coffee but still feel brain foggy and tired. Maybe I just have a humungous caffeine tolerance by this ppoint
I'd recommend the coffee but I'd recommend one in the morning the effects will last 12 hours. And I'd try to stay off the energy drinks they'll make you feel like ****
Idk how old you are, but perhaps 7 hours isn't enough sleep for you, and your diet is probably not helping either
Original post by RemDoggydog
Hey I fell you (well felt) I started a new diet and lifestyle change and I have so much energy. Its also helped with mental health. Excerise will help as it realises hormones and you'll feel great for doing it even if it's just walking. I recommend trying to reduce your carb and sugar in take as you'll have so much energy! Like you wouldn't think you could feel that much better just not having as many carbs and stuff. I hope that helps. If you want to go into further dm me xx

thanks! That's good to know that lifestyle changes can actually help. I thought I might just be becoming a rly low energy and sloth like person. What kind of exercise do u do now if u don't mind me asking? (:
thanks! That's good to know that lifestyle changes can actually help. I thought I might just be becoming a rly low energy and sloth like person. What kind of exercise do u do now if u don't mind me asking? (:

I don't do too much atm tbh 😂 but I go on at least a 2 hour dog walk a day and try to do 5-10mins with a weighted hula hoop. I'm mainly focusing on diet as I struggle with mental health, so I'm concentrating on that whilst I lose a little more weight in the hope to be able to play basketball and stuff like that. How old are you if you don't mind me asking xx

I will tell you what not to do :

Dont go to work, its like a vaccum cleaner, sucking all the energy out of you until every ounce of energy has been taken out!
Original post by RemDoggydog
I don't do too much atm tbh 😂 but I go on at least a 2 hour dog walk a day and try to do 5-10mins with a weighted hula hoop. I'm mainly focusing on diet as I struggle with mental health, so I'm concentrating on that whilst I lose a little more weight in the hope to be able to play basketball and stuff like that. How old are you if you don't mind me asking xx

Original post by .Dezer.
I will tell you what not to do :

Dont go to work, its like a vaccum cleaner, sucking all the energy out of you until every ounce of energy has been taken out!

lol I'm 17 btw
Original post by black tea
Idk how old you are, but perhaps 7 hours isn't enough sleep for you, and your diet is probably not helping either

I'm 17,and yeah I defo need to eat more healthily. But 7 hours has usually been enough for me, at least until the last few months when I feel sooo tired. I might also have anaemia ig...
I'm 17,and yeah I defo need to eat more healthily. But 7 hours has usually been enough for me, at least until the last few months when I feel sooo tired. I might also have anaemia ig...

if you think there might be a physical reason for being tired, you should probably speak to your GP.
Take iron tablets
Original post by I love itzy
Take iron tablets

yh I do already alas, but u need a blood test to get the really good prescription ones from ur gp

I recommend going to bed at the same time every day and getting up at the same time. Then your body will regulate. Get up have a caffeinated coffee and do 10 mins excercise and it'll do so much for you.

Quick Reply

Latest