The Student Room Group

sixth form confusion

no ones ever acc explained this to me so ill ask here:I applied for sixth form at my school, but if I get rejected now cause of my poor predicted grades, can I be accepted on results day if my grades are better and meet the requirements?
Original post by kdramagal
no ones ever acc explained this to me so ill ask here:I applied for sixth form at my school, but if I get rejected now cause of my poor predicted grades, can I be accepted on results day if my grades are better and meet the requirements?

I think it really depends on the school
Maybe you need to call the school up after half term
Or email them to ask, because some might depends

Are your predicted grades, the ones you've been getting in previous assessments/exams?
Reply 3
Original post by honeymoontea

Ahhh ok I see
Reply 4
Original post by 15nlobo
Are your predicted grades, the ones you've been getting in previous assessments/exams?

Yes we got our reports last year with our mock results and our predicted grades were based of December mocks and how our teachers think we will do later on
Yes we got our reports last year with our mock results and our predicted grades were based of December mocks and how our teachers think we will do later on

If you did any assessments during lockdown, they might use them - I don't really know though. Like @honeymoontea said, it really depends on what your sixth form thinks & depends on what A-levels you want to take.

What A-levels/BTECs do you want to do though?
Reply 6
Original post by kitapizza28
If you did any assessments during lockdown, they might use them - I don't really know though. Like @honeymoontea said, it really depends on what your sixth form thinks & depends on what A-levels you want to take.

What A-levels/BTECs do you want to do though?

i plan on doing biology, chemistry and psychology :smile:
i plan on doing biology, chemistry and psychology :smile:

It's probably because the content in biology and chemistry is supposed to be quite hard, my school's grade boundaries for these subjects are really high, so if your predicted grades are really low, not even near the grades you need to get, that might be the reason why they haven't accepted you. Although, my predicted grades during the my GCSE year were lower than what I got, so it really does depend.
But, I wish you the best of luck for your results anyway! :smile:
Sorry I wasn't a lot of help.
yes if u prove yourself and get ur parent/guardian or even yourself to write a strongly worded email they can let u in
Reply 9
Original post by domidom901
yes if u prove yourself and get ur parent/guardian or even yourself to write a strongly worded email they can let u in

It's probably because the content in biology and chemistry is supposed to be quite hard, my school's grade boundaries for these subjects are really high, so if your predicted grades are really low, not even near the grades you need to get, that might be the reason why they haven't accepted you. Although, my predicted grades during the my GCSE year were lower than what I got, so it really does depend.
But, I wish you the best of luck for your results anyway! :smile:
Sorry I wasn't a lot of help.

Original post by honeymoontea

hey guys! thank you so much for the help. i got an email last week and i was offered a place at my sixth form! all i have to do now is pass my exams and im good to go. thank youuu
hey guys! thank you so much for the help. i got an email last week and i was offered a place at my sixth form! all i have to do now is pass my exams and im good to go. thank youuu

very very nice 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 congrats and godbless 🙏🏾🤞🏽

That's great, congrats!! :u:
Reply 12

thank you so much! am awaiting results day but I think ill be ok!
Reply 13

hey! so i thought and come and let you know i got into sixth form! I passed gcse with mainly Bs :smile:
hey! so i thought and come and let you know i got into sixth form! I passed gcse with mainly Bs :smile:

very nice 👏👏👏 going in to sixth form make sure ur on top of your gcse work. get into the habit of doing questions in whatever subjects u do then ull b set for predicted grades and unis 👍🏽well done on those grades again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending