The Student Room Group

unit 5 level 3 Meeting individual care and support needs

Can anyone help me with Unit 5 please
Reply 1
yes sure what do you need help
Reply 2
heres a link to a really useful thread explaining all the criterias;

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6322356&p=86927092#post86927092
Reply 3
Original post by User4322

image.jpg
This is what I’ve been assigned
Reply 4
I will message you back tomorrow with everything you need to know for every criteria and how to lay it out

Thank you so much !
Reply 5
Apologies for the late response but this is what you need to do for every criteria:

p6; Use page 44 to 47 to help you. (i.e. Ben who has downs syndrome needs different agencies such as the CCQ to meet his needs so that they get high quality care etc.)

p7; Use page 47 to 48 to help you (i.e. the role of the speech therapist for a child with autism is to...) make sure that you choose an example of a specific individual you would want to talk about as you would need this later on (i.e. a 11 year old child with autism)
p8; Use page 54 to help you (i.e. professionals manage information to oher professionals by...)

m5; For this part, explain why the individuals in your case will need multi-disciplinary team working for them (i.e. Rebecca needs multi-disciplinary teams such as …. To provide high quality care for her or to support her throughout her day to day life (think of as many benefits as you can)

Use page 47 to 49 for guidance

m6; For this, talk about how legislation such as the data protection act and codes of practice such as the 6Cs can impact a multi-disciplinary team (go to page 57 for list of legislation and codes of practice) for example, if the someone in the multidisciplinary team doesn’t follow the data protection act by talking to you multidisciplinary team in a public space they’re sharing information to other people and breaking the data protection act (tip in page 57 that shows a table think of how breaking these legislations can impact each act or code of practice)

Use page 50 to 57 for guidance

D3; For this explain WHY professionals need to work together to manage information and maintain confidentiality while also meet individual’s needs (the case studies). For example, professionals must work together to maintain information and confidentiality about Sam because he’s a vulnerable child with abusive parents they should do this by the multidisciplinary team having meetings in private, storing information where nobody can see and making him anonymous by referring to him as Childs A, by doing this they are following the data protection Act and the CCQ code of practice they are also keeping Sam safe from his parents

Use page 50 to 57 for guidance

d4; For this part treat this like a conclusion. Explain why multi-agency and multidisciplinary are important and how they can meet the support needs of individuals in general by going through your previous points and mentioning your case study (For example, multi-agency and multidisciplinary teams are important for supporting Rebecca’s needs because….)

Credits to @Starlight15

Thank you so much and do you mean CCG because my agencies are CCG, health and well being boards, educational health care plan, nhs, the voluntary sector and local authority & education services
Original post by Lucy.3452
Thank you so much and do you mean CCG because my agencies are CCG, health and well being boards, educational health care plan, nhs, the voluntary sector and local authority & education services

Yes I meant CCG my bad I'll edit it in my other thread

Hi can you help me with the assignment unit 5? I kinds left it a bit late as this virus and forgot a bit about it now only got 2 days to do the whole thing
Original post by Daniella18
Hi can you help me with the assignment unit 5? I kinds left it a bit late as this virus and forgot a bit about it now only got 2 days to do the whole thing

Hey is too late for me to help you? Or can I still help?
Reply 9
is this the brief for task 2 ?
Original post by ceeleoni
is this the brief for task 2 ?

It's for bothe task one and two task one is at the top and task two is at the bottom you can see the heading for each in bold
hi i need help
Original post by thunderbeejimin
hi i need help

Which part do you need help with?
Task 2 D1 and D3
Original post by thunderbeejimin
Task 2 D1 and D3

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6322356&p=86927092#post86927092

I've made a guide for unit 5 and I hope this helps
Hi. I need help on D2 task 1 (unit 5)
HiyaI need help on starting unit 5 task 2 as I have to do it as a presentation
Hey. I can helpP6: explain what health and social care needs your clients have (Nusrat and Sofia for example). Then you describe the role of clinical commissioning groups, Local authorities and the health and well-being boards. Finally explain why your case studies need support from Heath and social care agencies.P7: Explain what a multi-disciplinary team is and identify what professionals would be involved in your cases studies. Then you describe the roles and responsibilities of 2 members of the multi-disciplinary team for each case study (one health and one social care per case study) M5: How is it better for your case studies to have a multi-disciplinary team who come from multi-agencies.D4: strengths and weaknesses of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary working. P8: how professionals manage data. I.E following the GDPR/data protection act.M6: How the legislation and codes of practice will impact the professionals working with each otherD4: Justify different organists working together (strengths and weaknesses and talk about why it’s important to share information. And explain what could go wrong if information is not shared. Finally justify professionals working together (give weaknesses and strengths of this) and explain why sharing information is important. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest