The Student Room Group

When should i apply for university

If I start university in September 2022, when should I start applying?
Original post by isobel-M16
If I start university in September 2022, when should I start applying?

hey @isobel-M16 :smile: Are you still at school/college? If so, then your teachers will definitely keep you right with your timelines so don't worry too much at the moment! The UCAS deadline for most courses is normally the 15th January, but often your teachers would want to see and check your application (personal statement etc) a few times before this to make sure you're submitting the best application you can. They may ask to see a first draft of your personal statement by October to give you some feedback for example, but you can take as much time as you need up until the 15th January. If you're interested in studying Medicine/Vet Medicine or Dentistry, or in applying to Oxford or Cambridge then there is an earlier deadline date in October - so bear that in mind!

So, in terms of when you should start applying - you still have lots of time! Applications for 2022 won't open until much later this year, but that's not to say you can't start your research yet. Lots of universities are running virtual visits that will give you an idea of what they have on offer, and might give you a bit of inspiration on where you'd like to go and what you'd like to do. You can use the UCAS websites to browse all of the courses from all over the UK, and use platforms such as TSR (obvs :wink:) and Unibuddy to chat to current students and see what they like about their course and uni.

If you aren't at school any more then you may want to chat to your teachers to see if they're happy to support your application, as someone will have to write a reference for you.

Do you know roughly what you'd like to study yet?

Best of luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending