The Student Room Group

St Andrews A100 / Gateway / A990 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of St Andrews Medicine (A100 / Gateway / A990) 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys!! I’ve got a Bristol offer as well as a St. Andrews one and they’re both my favourites out of the four. Going to find it so hard to pick!! :/
Hi! I've only got St Andrew's so far, but it's my first choice :smile:
Hello All: St A was my top choice going into the application cycle. It still remains my top choice although I am still awaiting Kings decision.
I know it’s quite early, but have you guys thought at all about accommodation @medicine2611 @Banana_Bread
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by medicine2611
Hello All: St A was my top choice going into the application cycle. It still remains my top choice although I am still awaiting Kings decision.

Exact same situation with Kings, although St A was my 4th choice going into the application cycle and now it's joint 1st
Original post by purpleflamingo
I know it’s quite early, but have you guys thought at all about accommodation @medicine2611 @Banana_Bread

It has still not sunk in. Will look at the options later but most likely catered en-suite.
Original post by Sososnake
Exact same situation with Kings, although St A was my 4th choice going into the application cycle and now it's joint 1st

This has been a very competitive/strange cycle; my 3/4 (safe) options did not even offer me interviews.
This has been a very competitive/strange cycle; my 3/4 (safe) options did not even offer me interviews.

Yeah it's very competitive, congrats on St Andrews though!
Yeah it's very competitive, congrats on St Andrews though!

Many thanks and heartiest congratulations to you too. Is STA jt first with Kings for you?
Hello everyone, I've also only got St Andrews so far too, but it has always been my top choice! Started to lose hope but I'm so glad now:smile:. Well done to everyone else that has got an offer so far too!

Haha I started looking even before my offer...needed something to look forward to after I got rejected from Cambridge. I'm thinking Catered standard bc I wanna live in the more traditional halls in first year. You?
Original post by Banana_Bread
Haha I started looking even before my offer...needed something to look forward to after I got rejected from Cambridge. I'm thinking Catered standard bc I wanna live in the more traditional halls in first year. You?

Lots of people are saying catered for St. Andrews, is there a particular reason for that or would you choose catered at any uni? I would too but I’m quite picky with food hahah
Lots of people are saying catered for St. Andrews, is there a particular reason for that or would you choose catered at any uni? I would too but I’m quite picky with food hahah

I think I would want food sorted until I find my footing in a new place. By second year, once I find out where to shop, the timetable, my lifestyle etc I might change to self-catered. To be fair, I'm not too fussed about food... and whatever they serve, it's bound to be better than my cooking lol
Hey, just got St Andrews offer so far (waiting to here back from Bristol), but it's my first choice so i'm over the moon. I don't know know which accommodation I'll be thinking of, I'll probably just flip a coin between catered and self-catered and go from there oops
Many thanks and heartiest congratulations to you too. Is STA jt first with Kings for you?

Yeah, but I think I prefer STA over Kings wbu?
Yeah, but I think I prefer STA over Kings wbu

STA for sure as like their split location, course structure, teaching style, student satisfaction, early patient/clinical content, etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
STA for sure as like their split location, course structure, teaching style, student satisfaction, early patient/clinical content, etc.

Yeah all the same for me, I'm 90% sure I'll be firming STA but still going to wait for my last 2 choices. Which partner medical school do you want to go to?
Yeah all the same for me, I'm 90% sure I'll be firming STA but still going to wait for my last 2 choices. Which partner medical school do you want to go to?

I opted for the English route and not fussed between Barts or Manchester! Both should provide a clinical experience second to none, due to the demographics and ethnicities represented in London and Manchester.
I opted for the English route and not fussed between Barts or Manchester! Both should provide a clinical experience second to none, due to the demographics and ethnicities represented in London and Manchester.

Yeah the difference between small Scottish town and huge english city sounds so cool!

Latest

Trending

Trending