The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing UWS 2021

Has anyone heard anything since their online group interview?

🙏🙏🙏

Dx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for adult and mental health but you only receive one interview. My interview was on the 5th so three weeks tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything either it’s killing me off! Xx
Original post by Dear Prudence
Dx
Original post by Pow22
I applied for adult and mental health but you only receive one interview. My interview was on the 5th so three weeks tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything either it’s killing me off! Xx

Hey you...yeah, I applied for adult and mental health too. Mental health was my first choice. It's so stressful waiting. Dx
Original post by Pow22

Hi there, I had my interview on the 5th for MH nursing at UWS, I was worried too especially since I got locked out of my email at the start of the week. I’ve tonight emailed UWS and all offers have been processed this week so if successful we will receive an invitation soon for a numeracy test, hopefully this will come through sometime in the next few days. Hope this helps. Xx
Original post by SallyColquhoun
Hi there, I had my interview on the 5th for MH nursing at UWS, I was worried too especially since I got locked out of my email at the start of the week. I’ve tonight emailed UWS and all offers have been processed this week so if successful we will receive an invitation soon for a numeracy test, hopefully this will come through sometime in the next few days. Hope this helps. Xx

Thank you so much for your reply...and good luck 🤞 🙏🤞🙏 Dx
Reply 5

I think you only need to sit the numeracy test if you don’t have the required maths grade. So I wonder if those who don’t need a numeracy test will hear if they have been accepted or rejected or they will wait until the numeracy tests have been done. That will probably be Atleast another week ahh 😦
Original post by Pow22
I think you only need to sit the numeracy test if you don’t have the required maths grade. So I wonder if those who don’t need a numeracy test will hear if they have been accepted or rejected or they will wait until the numeracy tests have been done. That will probably be Atleast another week ahh 😦

Yeah, but only giving numeracy tests if successful at interview. So I think they will send conditional offers dependant on numeracy test result. Dx
Ooh I’m not sure, as far as I’m aware from my niece who is a nurse, before Covid it was all done in the one day, numeracy tests, literacy and group interviews but because of Covid those have to be held separately although I’m not sure how or when, would those tests perhaps be online now or perhaps waiting until we can attend in person for them? She said that her offer was conditional upon passing occupational health tests and CRB checks. That was a while ago and she’s from Glasgow so could all be different. If by some miracle I’ve been accepted, I’d expect to be asked to do the numeracy test as I’m 48 years old and when I did maths it was on an abacus 😂
Ooh I’m not sure, as far as I’m aware from my niece who is a nurse, before Covid it was all done in the one day, numeracy tests, literacy and group interviews but because of Covid those have to be held separately although I’m not sure how or when, would those tests perhaps be online now or perhaps waiting until we can attend in person for them? She said that her offer was conditional upon passing occupational health tests and CRB checks. That was a while ago and she’s from Glasgow so could all be different. If by some miracle I’ve been accepted, I’d expect to be asked to do the numeracy test as I’m 48 years old and when I did maths it was on an abacus 😂

That made me laugh... Im 47 lol. When I received my invitation for interview it stated that if successful at interview I would be required to then successfully complete a numeracy test at a later date. Dx
Oh I don’t feel so bad knowing I won’t be the only one in my age group if I get through. Yes that would make sense since my maths qualification was over 30 years ago, it wouldn’t be valid now. I guess I’ll be doing Maths with the home schooling tomorrow just in case. 😂
Oh I don’t feel so bad knowing I won’t be the only one in my age group if I get through. Yes that would make sense since my maths qualification was over 30 years ago, it wouldn’t be valid now. I guess I’ll be doing Maths with the home schooling tomorrow just in case. 😂

I'm currently being tutored by my 16yr old son just incase I'm lucky enough to be offered a place. He doesn't get that I simply don't get it 😂😂😂 he has a natural aptitude for all things numeracy based...he most certainly didn't inherit that from me 🙄😂 Dx
I’ll be doing the same tomorrow with my 13 year old and looking for some maths to do online aaaaah! 😂
I’ll be doing the same tomorrow with my 13 year old and looking for some maths to do online aaaaah! 😂

I do hope we hear soon. Dx
I hope so too. Fingers crossed for everyone 🤞🏻 xx
Reply 14
Hopefully it will be today as they said 2-3 weeks and it’s 3 weeks today! I did see it has passed 3 weeks for some people but as my interview was the end of the week maybe it will be today! I don’t think I can cope waiting another whole weekend. Good luck everyone!
Original post by Pow22
Hopefully it will be today as they said 2-3 weeks and it’s 3 weeks today! I did see it has passed 3 weeks for some people but as my interview was the end of the week maybe it will be today! I don’t think I can cope waiting another whole weekend. Good luck everyone!

Oh I hope so...Dx
Any updates? Dx

I only applied for adult and had an interview on the 2nd of February, was told 2 weeks and still no news either! I spoke to someone about 10 days ago who said a decision had been made for me and ucas would update soon but still nothing. The wait is painful 😭 it sounds like it might actually be now if they have actually processed them all now?! 🙏
No updates at my end, I keep refreshing track in the hope something appears. This is torture 😭😭
Please let there be some news soon 🙏🏻 😩xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending