The Student Room Group

Is anyone else facing Ds or Es or Us?

I am in this situation where I keep getting Ds or Es or Us in Economics and Business Studies. I need Cs, Bs or As in these subjects by the end of the year and I don’t know how I am going to get there?. If you could give me some advice or help that would be good. Is anyone else in this same situation or is facing Ds or Es or Us? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Revising is generally a good start.
As already said revision is definitely a good start. What exam board do you do for business?
Original post by fish finger fan
As already said revision is definitely a good start. What exam board do you do for business?

Edexcel
Original post by mjhmichael18
Edexcel

Same here. I recommend revision, seneca and tutor2u are quite good resources, there's also a helpful red revision guide and workbook you can buy. I make revision cards with each key term defined on it. Practice questions might also be helpful.

As for when writing the questions remember to always start with defining the key terms in the question. and always use the case study provided for the exam, every answer must be in context to the business and industry in the case study. with the big 20 markers make sure to weigh up pros and cons of the two options and finish of by saying which one you think would be most suitable for the business. For 20 markers remember to include a short term/long term and it depends on as this gets you higher marks.

Hopefully this has been helpful, if you have any questions or anything feel free to PM or ask me on here. Good luck.
Nah your not the only one, l keep getting E's in business and I have no Idea about structure either : /
Original post by anamsaid
Nah your not the only one, l keep getting E's in business and I have no Idea about structure either : /

Hi there, if you do edexcel have a look at my reply to the OP above which hopefully will help. If you need help with structures for 4 or 12 markers or anything else feel free to ask.
oh gosh, thank you so much I just saw this now, ill definitely start making revision cards as you said!! I also wanted to ask about time management. How long should I spend on each question do you think?

Original post by fish finger fan
Hi there, if you do edexcel have a look at my reply to the OP above which hopefully will help. If you need help with structures for 4 or 12 markers or anything else feel free to ask.
oh gosh, thank you so much I just saw this now, ill definitely start making revision cards as you said!! I also wanted to ask about time management. How long should I spend on each question do you think?

Time management is hard I struggle with that too. I try and aim for splitting the paper in half so for example paper 1 is 2 hours so an hour on section A an hour on section B as they are worth the same marks.
then I try and aim for:
1. 4 marker= 4 minutes ( ideally less if possible)
2. 4 marker 4 minutes ( ideally less if possible)
3. 10 marker= 10 minutes
4. 12 marker 12 minutes
5. 20 marker= 30 minutes.
and then repeat for section B.
and if you can get any question done in under that time that's obviously great as more time for another question or time for a proof read at the end.
Hopefully this has been helpful anymore questions feel free to ask :smile: this is for edexcel business by the way.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes im doing edexcel as well :smile: thank you so much honestly!!
Original post by mjhmichael18
I am in this situation where I keep getting Ds or Es or Us in Economics and Business Studies. I need Cs, Bs or As in these subjects by the end of the year and I don’t know how I am going to get there?. If you could give me some advice or help that would be good. Is anyone else in this same situation or is facing Ds or Es or Us? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.

I have the same problem. I need to improve my grades, I keep getting U's and E's. In my GCSE's it was the same, I got straight 2's and 3's all year but in the end I got all 7's and 8's. But that only happened because I started revising 8 hours a day for 2 months before the exams. I need to do that now.
Yes im doing edexcel as well :smile: thank you so much honestly!!

No worries :smile: if you need help with anything else feel to ask me on here or PM me.

Quick Reply