The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Anyone gotten into LIPA? (2021)

Has anyone else gotten into the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts? I just got an offer in Sound Technology and I'm really excited. I'd love to get in touch with anyone else attending, regardless of course. I am American btw.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, LIPA doesn't have a category and I saw past years' LIPA posts in the JMU section)
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ril3yjordan
Has anyone else gotten into the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts? I just got an offer in Sound Technology and I'm really excited. I'd love to get in touch with anyone else attending, regardless of course. I am American btw.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, LIPA doesn't have a category and I saw past years' LIPA posts in the JMU section)

I have applied for a course of music technology and haven't got anything back yet but another place has accepted me just working on submitting recording material for kent and the audition for Liverpool Hope Uni but yeah
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi there! Congratulations! I had an audition in December but haven't heard back yet from LIPA or Leeds Conservatoire. Had offers from RNCM and Trinity thought
I’ve recently received an offer from Leeds Conservatoire so you shouldn’t have to wait that long!
Original post by bigdtom
Hi there! Congratulations! I had an audition in December but haven't heard back yet from LIPA or Leeds Conservatoire. Had offers from RNCM and Trinity thought

any reply yet from lipa? im still waiting
nah not yet haha. just be patient i guess
Hi! We have a group chat for Leeds conservatoire applicants 2021 on snapchat, if you want to join, add me on snap: freyap1

Original post by JordyXJordy
I’ve recently received an offer from Leeds Conservatoire so you shouldn’t have to wait that long!
Reply 7
i just heard back yesterday for BA music !!
Reply 8
Original post by mnixon1
i just heard back yesterday for BA music !!

congrats! Assuming you are planning to go, what accommodation do you think you'll go with? I've booked Cathedral Campus
Reply 9
yay well done! how long is it since you had your audition? just wondering how long i'm going to have to wait!
Original post by jmt07
yay well done! how long is it since you had your audition? just wondering how long i'm going to have to wait!

I got a response 3 weeks after my audition, but from reading other posts on here it seems that was faster than usual
Reply 11
Original post by ril3yjordan
I got a response 3 weeks after my audition, but from reading other posts on here it seems that was faster than usual

oh okay thank you! and congrats, which course are you going to be on?
Original post by jmt07
oh okay thank you! and congrats, which course are you going to be on?

Sound tech, I was told they respond quicker
Reply 13
I got an offer yesterday for the management course :smile: haven't booked any accommodation yet.
Original post by lh1122
I got an offer yesterday for the management course :smile: haven't booked any accommodation yet.

same! the management course looks so fun, can't wait to meet everyone on it
Hello!! This is great!! I have my interview in April and really want to get onto the course do you have any advice for the interview at all? Thanks!
Original post by jamesjump
same! the management course looks so fun, can't wait to meet everyone on it

If you have any advice for the interview that would be awesome!! I have my interview next month :smile:
Original post by lh1122

Well done!! The course looks great - I have an interview in April, Do you have any advice on how it went and what I could do!! Really want to get onto the course!!
Original post by ZacharyGoldman
If you have any advice for the interview that would be awesome!! I have my interview next month :smile:

Hello! So the best tips would be
Show passion (brag about yourself dont be modest)
Show happiness to be in the interview
Ask questions and talk about examples of past work
Relax

I wish you luck!
Original post by jamesjump
Hello! So the best tips would be
Show passion (brag about yourself dont be modest)
Show happiness to be in the interview
Ask questions and talk about examples of past work
Relax

I wish you luck!

Thank you!!
I’m quite lucky, I missed the deadline But emailed the tutor for an interview so hopefully that shows I’m eager!! I only discovered this course existed a few months ago...can I ask, did you have much management experience and is this a deal breaker? Thanks again!! Hopefully see u in Sept!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending