The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Newcastle University A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey
Hello! Congrats everyone. Any other arts grads with offers slightly bricking it now this is more of a reality?!
Reply 3
Hey! No idea whether ill actually be going to newcastle yet as im still waiting on three other grad med courses but wow im over the moon atleast I know ill be going somewhere.
Hello!!
Reply 5
Original post by diekatze
Hey! No idea whether ill actually be going to newcastle yet as im still waiting on three other grad med courses but wow im over the moon atleast I know ill be going somewhere.

I'm exactly the same, just super happy to have somewhere to go!
Hello! Has anyone managed to spot where term dates are for the first year of GEM? It's a 45 week 'year' for Year 1, but I can't see how exactly that slots together. Thank you!
Original post by Aloysius94
Hello! Has anyone managed to spot where term dates are for the first year of GEM? It's a 45 week 'year' for Year 1, but I can't see how exactly that slots together. Thank you!

No I've been trying to find this on the website without success! What are people thinking about working part time during the first year? Sounds like the workload is crazy but I dont think I could support myself without working at the weekend? Anyone any thoughts?
Reply 8
Original post by Top Banana
No I've been trying to find this on the website without success! What are people thinking about working part time during the first year? Sounds like the workload is crazy but I dont think I could support myself without working at the weekend? Anyone any thoughts?

I think im gonna have to to be honest!

I am gonna try and do a couple of bank shifts if I can get on the staff bank in one of the hospitals a month. That should give me enough extra to be okay. The student loan ill get isn't too awful- especially considering I think its going to be a fair bit higher if the course length is 45 weeks as they will fund you for the full 52 (or atleast the extra 15 weeks over 30 anyway). But looking at my spending during my previous degree I feel I will need some extra living money.

I deffo won't be looking at expensive housing options though lol.
Has everyone heard back? I had my interview back on 18th Jan
Original post by rheaishere
Has everyone heard back? I had my interview back on 18th Jan

Everyone above is a grad on the A101 course- so not sure about A100. Check the A100 thread and ask on there :smile:

I emailed them today and they said that they're planning for September 6th but that could change depending on what happens with COVID
Original post by AspiringGradMed
I emailed them today and they said that they're planning for September 6th but that could change depending on what happens with COVID

Thank you!

They've just sent an email now with them attached and some other info for offer holders, the dates are:
6th September - 17th December
4th January - 8th April
19th April - 29th July
Reply 14
Is the link for the booklet on advice and information broken for anyone else?
Original post by medinc

Yeah it is
Original post by medinc

Yeah it is for me
Reply 17
Are any of you thinking of firming Newcastle (A101)? If so, have you thought about whether you’re going to go for student accommodation or a student house yet?
Original post by annab99
Are any of you thinking of firming Newcastle (A101)? If so, have you thought about whether you’re going to go for student accommodation or a student house yet?

I’m thinking of firming A101, and I’m very keen to hear what people are thinking about accommodation!
Reply 19
Original post by Jamesg95
I’m thinking of firming A101, and I’m very keen to hear what people are thinking about accommodation!

I’m defo going to be firming Newcastle too! I’m not sure what most grad meds tend to go for, I was thinking a student house but not sure, wanted to ask around!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending