The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annab99
I’m defo going to be firming Newcastle too! I’m not sure what most grad meds tend to go for, I was thinking a student house but not sure, wanted to ask around!

I'm the same I'm worried there'll be no good houses left though hahah, I'm sure they'll give us some info about it at an offer holder event
Reply 21
Original post by daisy555
I'm the same I'm worried there'll be no good houses left though hahah, I'm sure they'll give us some info about it at an offer holder event

That was my worry too hahah, I’m hoping they do, it would be nice to chat to a few offer holders about it!
Reply 22
I've just gotten an offer for A100 (didn't meet UCAT threshold for A101) and will definitely be firming it but now paranoid I am going to be the oldest on the course at 34! If anyone needs a surrogate mum I have a house and a partner who loves to whip up home cooked meals, not too far from the uni :ciao:
Original post by gemed2021
...One of the motivating factors for me is the house prices in Newcastle!

I’m older (second careering) and thinking I’d like to buy? Is that mad? Am I crazy?....

Not at all crazy, when I got my specialty training job I decided to buy a house - my rotation is 5 years in duration.

The slight difference is that I get paid, and that the NHS pays for your house move (i.e. stamp duty, legal fees, relocation etc. but obvious not the house itself!) if you are moving for specialty training, and I somehow don't think you get that for moving to go to a med school.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 24
I’m probably going to firm Newcastle too, although still need to hear back from others! One of the motivating factors for me is the house prices in Newcastle!

I’m older (second careering) and thinking I’d like to buy? Is that mad? Am I crazy?

If I was flatting or in uni accommodation would maybe be easier to make friends but at the same time would be nice to jump on the property ladder?

My MSc was so busy I never got to spend any time with my flatmates anyway so made my best friends on the course.

Yeah I’m sure you’d get to meet plenty of people on the course either way,the house prices are v good in Newcastle!!
Very open if anyone is considering a student house, alternatively can med students buddy up if we go into the same halls? Planning on bringing my car to uni as planning on locuming at the weekend - anyone in the same boat or any advice?
Original post by Top Banana
Very open if anyone is considering a student house, alternatively can med students buddy up if we go into the same halls? Planning on bringing my car to uni as planning on locuming at the weekend - anyone in the same boat or any advice?

I'm definitely considering a house. I don't think I could bear going back into halls, even though I'll only be 21 I'd still feel too old for halls hahaha
Reply 27
I'm definitely considering a house. I don't think I could bear going back into halls, even though I'll only be 21 I'd still feel too old for halls hahaha

I defo agree!!

Try being 27! I feel its going to be a major shock to the system
Grad offer holder for the A100, literally CAN NOT BELIEVE ITTTT
Really nice to see some of you are older :h: makes me feel slightly (slightly) less nervous about it!

Don't be nervous! I feel with the type of course and the pressures ahead we'll have to lean on each other and learn from each other to get through. A range of ages and experiences is definitely a positive!
Reply 31
Original post by Floshaye
Grad offer holder for the A100, literally CAN NOT BELIEVE ITTTT

Congratulations! Seems like there might be quite a few of us grads on A100 :smile:
Ill definitely be looking for a house if i end up firming newcastle (probably going to wait until end of march when my other offers/rejections come in though).

I couldn't be dealing with halls again at 24 lol. also houses just seem so much cheaper/spacious etc.

Incidentally Ive seen loaaaads available online. Its actually possibly a good year to be looking late for houses as other students may have been more hesitant with covid etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 33
Hi, I got an offer for A100 yesterday (UK y13 applicant) Any idea when we'll hear about offer holder days?
Hey guys! Nice to meet other people with offers! I think I like Newcastle the most but just waiting to see if I get any others. I was really up for finding other grad medics to live with or buddy up in halls with as I'm not sure I'm ready to live the fresher life again. I didn't know if the uni had a system to put grad medics with each other or if they just got put in normal undergrad accomodation.
hi im a yr 13 offer holder, I'm waiting a bit to see the responses from my other unis but I'm definitely thinking about uni accommodation :smile: I hear sm good things about Newcastle so I'm excited to talk to some of you!
Anyone know what Questionnaire to the Occupational Health Service as soon as available and before 31 July” is and when it will be available? It’s one of the conditions listed in my offer.
Reply 37
Hey guys, I’m a year 13 and got my offer today!:smile:
Hi, received an offer today for A100 as a grad
Reply 39
hey I received an offer yesterday as a year 13:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending