The Student Room Group

Dundee A100 / A104 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Dundee A100 / A104 2021 Offer Holders

For general information click: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, well done on getting offers!!! Did everyone get the option of AAAA at the summer school? What is everyone’s thoughts on this? Is Dundee your first choice?
Hey! Congratulations everyone on your offers! Can’t advise on the medicine summer school as my offer is unconditional, but I did attend a summer school in the summer before my first degree and found it really helpful - particularly as an introduction to lecture style teaching!
Hello everyone! Congratulation on your offers. I was wondering for those who have a conditional offer, did they open places to upload required documents on the portal yet? I've firmed this university as my first choice, really excited to meet you lot in September :smile:

Update: Offer has been changed to unconditional
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Maria.mcewan
Hi, well done on getting offers!!! Did everyone get the option of AAAA at the summer school? What is everyone’s thoughts on this? Is Dundee your first choice?

hey yes I did as well, I think it is a really great opportunity! I'm just waiting for my other unis to get back to me but Dundee is definitely one of my top choices :smile:
Congratulations to everyone for accomplishing the first step of many yet to come. Everyone’s hard work paid off and every single person deserves it.
Does anyone have any idea as to what we’re supposed to do as the next step, as in send documents or any other formalities?
Original post by CynicalHair
Does anyone have any idea as to what we’re supposed to do as the next step, as in send documents or any other formalities?

I don’t think we do anything yet until you hear back from your 4 choices and select your firm/insurance. If Dundee is your firm then they’ll have you do a PVG check and an occupational health check in addition to any conditions of your offer.
Anyone know when term starts?
Reply 9
Original post by star77
Anyone know when term starts?

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/corporate-information/academic-dates
Here’s a link here, if you scroll down a bit you’ll find the 2021 dates :smile:
How would you guys rate Dundee as a city? Havent been to scotland so have no clue! Is it international student friendly?
Original post by star77
How would you guys rate Dundee as a city? Havent been to scotland so have no clue! Is it international student friendly?

I've been to Dundee plenty of times and it is an amazing city. I think the amazing thing about Scotland is that as long as you're an alright person, everyone will be sound with you so there's no need to worry. Dundee has had a lot of financial investment and is a massively changing city. If there's any specific questions you've got about Dundee, I am more than happy to try and help, I'm sure others will be as well :smile:
Hi everyone! Big congratulations on getting offers, it's a big achievement!! I am an international student from NYC and just received my offer yesterday. I haven't firmed yet as I have other options, but it is definitely one of my top choices. From reading this discussion, I have a few questions:
1) Any other IB students with conditionals for Dundee, if so, is your school going to take exams or not?

Some other people have gotten their conditional offers turn into unconditional offers.
2) Does anyone know how this happens?

Thanks everyone! Congrats again.
Congrats everyone! Received a conditional offer in December :smile: is anyone else here from Northern Ireland?
Reply 14
Hi everyone, just wondering if Dundee emails us after we receive an offer through track?
Original post by Kat2003
Hi everyone, just wondering if Dundee emails us after we receive an offer through track?

Yes but it takes a good few days, my track update was 26/02 and official email 03/03
Reply 16
Original post by ChemGirl95
Yes but it takes a good few days, my track update was 26/02 and official email 03/03

Thanks! Will look out for it
How do you change your offer from conditional to unconditional. I’m currently doing my modular A-Levels and I’ve finished majority of the units and with the whole exams being cancelled, I’m feeling very anxious. Can anyone pls help?
Reply 18
Original post by BottomFrag
Hello everyone! Congratulation on your offers. I was wondering for those who have a conditional offer, did they open places to upload required documents on the portal yet? I've firmed this university as my first choice, really excited to meet you lot in September :smile:

Update: Offer has been changed to unconditional

Hi, do you know how ur offer changed to an unconditional please? Are you a school leaver? If you don't mind
Reply 19
Original post by ChemGirl95
Hey! Congratulations everyone on your offers! Can’t advise on the medicine summer school as my offer is unconditional, but I did attend a summer school in the summer before my first degree and found it really helpful - particularly as an introduction to lecture style teaching!

Hi,
Could you explain what the summer school is please?

Latest

Trending

Trending