The Student Room Group

How to get 12 rep gems?

Hi - how to get 12 rep gems? What’s the secret? I’ve been trying for years but some ppl here got it even though their account is less than a year old...

Thanks. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Get repped a lot :h:
get repped by lots of people i spose
Reply 3
Give good advice and the reps will follow.
Reply 4
Accumulation.
Having a popular blog or making witty posts seems to be the way to get reps quickly :lol:
Post a lot, be funny.
post something interesting, useful or really funny
Can't have been that funny then.
because they've probably helped out loads... it isn't cheating
how are u not allowed?
share the knowledge you have on forums with a similar topic
Says the ex-mod :lol:
I have 11 :tongue:
Probably because they have usually been around longer than many members and useful posts tend to get reps from users with more gems than witty posts which get 20 lots of reps from 0 gemmers :lol:
you have to earn it... 12 gems doesn't get you a degree or lots of money... so u shudnt be worried about having 12 gems
use ur focus and aim on something more useful
you don’t even have 10, focus on that first.
- having a blog that is interesting can get u reps
- being kind
- calling out trolls
- working overtime and posting after office hours
it doesn't matter... everybody still loves you the way u are
I can understand ur frustration. I need to get to 11 gems and it’s taking forever, how many more bums do I need to kiss to get some reputation
Original post by laurawatt
I have 11 :tongue:
Probably because they have usually been around longer than many members and useful posts tend to get reps from users with more gems than witty posts which get 20 lots of reps from 0 gemmers :lol:

I must politely disagree, I rarely make useful posts but I have plenty of witty ones.
Click on the thumbs up button below this post to instantly get 12 gems.
Original post by shxttah_x
you have to earn it... 12 gems doesn't get you a degree or lots of money... so u shudnt be worried about having 12 gems
use ur focus and aim on something more useful

12 gems is worth so much more than a piece of paper with degree written on it.
Any reasonable person would have 12 gems over even a PHD.

If I had to draw an equivalency it holds the same grandeur as having a nobel prize.

Quick Reply