The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sun432
Same. Has anyone thought about accommodation

Had a look and thinking about east village in the city centre. Made a list of around 5 accommodations which I love and will decide closer to the time. What about everyone else?
Reply 81
Original post by isgrayxxxxxx
Had a look and thinking about east village in the city centre. Made a list of around 5 accommodations which I love and will decide closer to the time. What about everyone else?

I was thinking that too. Initially I was gonna go Stoke bishop coz people seem to say that because you’re surrounded by students there’s more of a community feel? But then being in the city is sm more convenient. Do u mind saying which ones ur thinking of? I looked at Goldney Halls and orchard heights they both look nice.
Reply 82
can’t seem to register for the offer holder day like it says registration closed. has anyone else had this?

not really thought about accommodation tbh. When do we have to send in preferences?
Reply 84
Original post by simmychotai
Hiatt Baker self catered will probably be my first choice but definitely somewhere in stoke bishop

Do you know what the meal times are & what’s the food is like, as I heard med students miss lots of meals in catered due to the timetable? I think for convenience though, catered would be the way to go for me.
Reply 85
Original post by nihal-a
can’t seem to register for the offer holder day like it says registration closed. has anyone else had this?

received email for holders day but mine said reg closed too
Original post by PDQ2003
Do you know what the meal times are & what’s the food is like, as I heard med students miss lots of meals in catered due to the timetable? I think for convenience though, catered would be the way to go for me.

ive changed my mind since posting this haha - definitely going self catered. I think dinner is 6-7:30pm or you can request a late collection until 8pm. I've heard the food is not that great and I'm not sure how well the times would work for med students tbh
Original post by Asdf654
received email for holders day but mine said reg closed too

Me too, I don’t really know what to do now because I can’t get onto any of the offer holders events. Why would they have less event spaces than people they gave offers?
Original post by Bigreshe
not really thought about accommodation tbh. When do we have to send in preferences?

From memory i think it opens 11th of May until June ish. :smile:
Original post by Sun432
I was thinking that too. Initially I was gonna go Stoke bishop coz people seem to say that because you’re surrounded by students there’s more of a community feel? But then being in the city is sm more convenient. Do u mind saying which ones ur thinking of? I looked at Goldney Halls and orchard heights they both look nice.

thinking of dean street works, new bridewell, orchard heights, print hall 1 and the courtrooms atm. Leaving a wide range so i can decide closer to the time aha
Reply 90
thinking of dean street works, new bridewell, orchard heights, print hall 1 and the courtrooms atm. Leaving a wide range so i can decide closer to the time aha

Yeahh that’s fair.
Reply 91
Original post by Evie523
I’m very similar, love the idea of hiatt baker and generally stoke bishop as it’s meant to be more social and campusy - but I’m leaning towards places like orchards heights just for the convenience of being able to walk in (and I’m assuming they’re also quite social

Try searching Bristol accommodation on You Tube. I’ve found 3 useful ones.
Original post by nihal-a

I had this, got an email and there was only 1 available day with registration closed
Original post by soyalbanil
I had this, got an email and there was only 1 available day with registration closed

yh cl i was about to put it off till the evening then decided to do something n so booked it. Lucky i did
Reply 94
Original post by dav1nki
Me too, I don’t really know what to do now because I can’t get onto any of the offer holders events. Why would they have less event spaces than people they gave offers?

think will watch videos on their site again n typed here n fingers crossed Bristol medic students can help to answers Q
Reply 95
does anyone know how long the offer holder event will be?
Original post by soyalbanil

Same
A new date has just been made available - 31st March
Original post by MindyLou2
Same

theres a new date available now
I was hoping I could get some advice on this -

I have a conditional offer for entry this year (2021) but am planning to apply for my place to be deferred for next year. Does anyone know what kind of reasons, if any, they'd be looking out for in particular? I've been recently accepted into a domestic-level amateur cycling team and want to take a year out to pursue my competitive aspirations and develop as an athlete before I start medical school. I am also eager to get some work experience in a healthcare-related field, as opportunities for this in the last year or so have been scarce. Other objectives include completing my Duke of Edinburgh, which has been put on hold for about a year now.

Is this a strong enough case for the admissions team to consider, or are there specific guarantees they would like me to provide? I would appreciate any feedback!

I'll be posting this on the main A100 entry thread as well, so feel free to ignore this post if someone has already responded.

Latest

Trending

Trending