The Student Room Group

MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants

This is a thread for Oxford University MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants who are patiently waiting for an update. :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6909200
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’ve also applied to this course. Last year’s offers were made in the last week of February and rejections were early March. I hope this helps!
Original post by Pupillagewarrior
I’ve also applied to this course. Last year’s offers were made in the last week of February and rejections were early March. I hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for sharing. May I ask how do you know about this timeline?
Original post by Karan Mphil Crim
Hey, thanks for sharing. May I ask how do you know about this timeline?

You can go to both The Grad Cafe (there is a table that grads continuously add acceptances / rejections to) and TSR (previous threads)... I’ll find the link and post it when I get a moment
I searched through this, here is the link:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=oxford&t=a&o=p&p=10

It’s obviously by no way indicative of what might happen this year though, in view of the pandemic...

Exactly. Last year I was rejected (email received on March 1st), and the acceptances/waitlistings were released a couple of days before.
I searched through this, here is the link:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=oxford&t=a&o=p&p=10

It’s obviously by no way indicative of what might happen this year though, in view of the pandemic...

Thanks a lot guys! I hope they don't delay it this time.
Reply 7
I have applied also! I am commenting to get updates to this thread! Good luck whoever has applied
Reply 8
Hello everyone! Has anyone heard anything from the Criminology Department yet?
Original post by Canisse

Nothing yet, have you?
Reply 10
Original post by ClDain11123
Nothing yet, have you?

Unfortunately not...
Nothing yet!
Original post by Canisse

No not yet!! Hopefully we will hear soon x
Original post by Canisse

Nothing yet.
No update yet. Don’t have any high hopes for an offer but God these last days are so frustrating
(edited 3 years ago)
Still waiting & freaking anxious. Good luck to everyone! :smile:
OMG everytime this thread pops up I just freeze and think I am out, supposing that the acceptances are out and I didn't get any email!
Original post by princessmegan
OMG everytime this thread pops up I just freeze and think I am out, supposing that the acceptances are out and I didn't get any email!

hahaha, OMG same! But I think they're going to be a little late this time. Almost every Oxford Crim academic cries about over work and how hard lockdown has been, on Twitter
Hahahah, i swear.. the fact that they tend to send out offers earlier than rejections makes me more restless..like i want to get an email but only if its in the earlier batch lol..good luck to y’all..
I did get an email couple weeks ago saying Degree Committee will sit at the end of Feb and applicants will be contacted early March. So far nothing yet. I have an offer from Cambridge for a similar course and I hope to get a similar response from Oxford but I am not optimistic at all. I applied for the part-time as I cannot commit full-time due to other commitments. Anyone else applied for the part time? I heard only 10 people or under apply for the part time every year and 5 get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending