The Student Room Group

Pregnant at 22

So I found out a few days ago that I’m pregnant .
I really want to keep it but I don’t know if being 22 is too young ?
I would be 23 by the time it was born .
Me and my boyfriend would have been going out just over 2 years by the time it was born .
I live with my parents , we have space for a baby here but it just wouldn’t be fair .
I have a job but the income isn’t great .
My partner has gone back to college and is only working 2 days a week .
And again we’re only 22 at the minute .
But like I said despite the circumstances not being ideal I want this baby .
Am I being unrealistic?
Is 22 too young ?
Will I be unable to cope ?
Justin Bieber’s mother asked the same question when she expecting him and she was only 16.
Reply 2
my mum had me when she was 18, i had a great childhood. i am 18 now and doing well.

yes it’s possible but it’s hard work.
Reply 3
What happens if your bf leaves you in a couple of years time, you will be a single Mum, not married, don't own your own house, you will be in a very vulnerable position for the rest of your life having to live off the breadline through benefits, plus it will be hard to get another bf once you have got baggage.
I would wait longer until having a baby.
First of all, find a job with a better income, be more stable together with your bf, have your own space if possible, raising a child is chalenging and expensive. You are not too young, but still not stable enough.
22 is not young at all, and as long as you can feed yourself and your baby, theres no issue. Dont think about age, its more about mentality and if you are ready to be a mother
Reply 6
my mom had me at 16
lots of hard work but u can do it , I believe in you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by jimjames
What happens if your bf leaves you in a couple of years time, you will be a single Mum, not married, don't own your own house, you will be in a very vulnerable position for the rest of your life having to live off the breadline through benefits, plus it will be hard to get another bf once you have got baggage.

But what if he doesn’t ?
i cant get rid of a child I really want just incase of that .
Beacuse if I did I’d most likely regret it forever
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
But what if he doesn’t ?
i cant get rid of a child I really want just incase of that .
Beacuse if I did I’d most likely regret it forever

trust me dont make a decision u'll regret
Reply 9
Original post by Lwexi12
trust me dont make a decision u'll regret

Exactly . I don’t think anyone would regret having their child, but would terminating it
Exactly . I don’t think anyone would regret having their child, but would terminating it

please have the baby, pretty please do it
So I found out a few days ago that I’m pregnant .
I really want to keep it but I don’t know if being 22 is too young ?
I would be 23 by the time it was born .
Me and my boyfriend would have been going out just over 2 years by the time it was born .
I live with my parents , we have space for a baby here but it just wouldn’t be fair .
I have a job but the income isn’t great .
My partner has gone back to college and is only working 2 days a week .
And again we’re only 22 at the minute .
But like I said despite the circumstances not being ideal I want this baby .
Am I being unrealistic?
Is 22 too young ?
Will I be unable to cope ?

It sounds like you're considering abortion, and I couldn't disagree with that decision more. Your son/daughter is growing inside you right now, and you will never regret having them in your life. A baby is a miracle. Of course there will be challenges along the way, but it's worth everything.
Its possible. Your not exactly 18, a lot of people just a few decades ago had kids your age including my parents and probably the parents of many other posters. My cousin also had a her first child aged 23 and she managed fine.

I have a small baby at the moment, and they are a lot of hard work - but nothing that a 23 year old can't handle.

Age as the number really doesn't matter. What matters are the practicalities. Will it have somewhere to live, can you afford it, etc. If you've got a nice supportive family then obviously they count in this, as long as they are willing to contribute and help. Some families like this old-fashioend everyone helps approach. Others don't.

What does your boyfriend think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending