The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

LGBT Students University of Liverpool 2021

any queer students know if there's a group chat or sth ?? i'm in one with ppl from my course but they're all painfully cishet lol

Scroll to see replies

hiii thats what im also looking for! im scared that liverpool doesnt have a big gay scene since it attracts those ‘stereotypically cishet people with that partying scene’.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
hi not really relevant to your question but how are you finding these group chats? :smile:
:h:
Original post by Anonymous
any queer students know if there's a group chat or sth ?? i'm in one with ppl from my course but they're all painfully cishet lol

hiii thats what im also looking for! im scared that liverpool doesnt have a big gay scene since it attracts those ‘stereotypically cishet people with that partying scene’.

Original post by user893
hi not really relevant to your question but how are you finding these group chats? :smile:

Original post by bts_ blackpink

There is a big LGBT+ Soc group on Facebook, if you search for it. Liverpool has a pretty large gay scene - look at the area around Stanley Street, in the first instance.
Original post by Sandtrooper
There is a big LGBT+ Soc group on Facebook, if you search for it. Liverpool has a pretty large gay scene - look at the area around Stanley Street, in the first instance.

Hi thanks for your help! i dont want to seem judgemental or anything (i know it does but im sorry) but what are the students like in the society? As in the stereotypical gays who are annoying or more artsy gay girls? Like the nice art gallery, vegan food, astrology, crystals gays who shop sustainablely? I know this is the weirdest wuestion but pls help lol. I dont want the society to be musty.
Reply 6

do you have twitter/whatsapp/snapchat ?? i think i may actually perish if i'm around all of these breeders for much longer T_T
Reply 7
Original post by bts_ blackpink

a kpop gay ?? pls tell me you have twitter/whatsapp/snapchat
do you have twitter/whatsapp/snapchat ?? i think i may actually perish if i'm around all of these breeders for much longer T_T

yes yes are u gay girl or???
Reply 9
yes yes are u gay girl or???

i'm an enby lesbian (:
Hi thanks for your help! i dont want to seem judgemental or anything (i know it does but im sorry) but what are the students like in the society? As in the stereotypical gays who are annoying or more artsy gay girls? Like the nice art gallery, vegan food, astrology, crystals gays who shop sustainablely? I know this is the weirdest wuestion but pls help lol. I dont want the society to be musty.

I can't give a massive insight, as I'm not gay myself, but a lot of my close friends are, so I would often frequent the gay area in town, and my society ran collaborative events with LGBT+ Soc. It's definitely not a 'musty' society, as there are a large range of people. I know some vegans, quite a lot of gamers, people who were into poetry and recitals and drama etc. Obviously, I'd call none of my friends annoying, but in terms of stereotypes, they're not really clubbers or artsy - they're more the type that would go to the pub, or maybe on the odd night out.

I really wouldn't base your university choice on this, however, as you will meet your people - all of my friends, straight or gay, did.
i'm an enby lesbian (:

If my friend managed to find a thriving community of furries, I'm sure you'll find your people. What course have you applied for? Some departments have quite the LGBT+ contingent.
If my friend managed to find a thriving community of furries, I'm sure you'll find your people. What course have you applied for? Some departments have quite the LGBT+ contingent.

psychology,, the demographic seems like cishet party girls who peaked in year 9 and i am none of those things lol
aw cool!! do you have insta ?

no </3
psychology,, the demographic seems like cishet party girls who peaked in year 9 and i am none of those things lol

this is a mood i applied for a course and its either : privileged white girls, homophobic rugby boys or international students pr mature students lmao

An offer holders chat is not exactly representative of the actual course, which, at Liverpool, will have 100s of people on it.

Psychology is one of those subjects which stereotypically attracts straight females - emphasis on stereotypically. I have non-white friends who did the course, and males. I wouldn't base your university choice off of this. I'm sure there will be people you will click with on the course, and if not, you can meet them through societies or halls.

this is a mood i applied for a course and its either : privileged white girls, homophobic rugby boys or international students pr mature students lmao

Welcome to university life. There's this thing called diversity. It works both positively and negatively. Not everyone is like that. It's the loud people who make themselves heard in group chats etc. You'll meet the quieter ones when you arrive.

lol i got reported for sharing my snap but i left my twitter in a different reply if you wanna add me on that ??
Reply 17
lol i got reported for sharing my snap but i left my twitter in a different reply if you wanna add me on that ??

nvm they got rid of that too </3 coming off anon so you can leave me a message with your socials if you want
Hi there,

Just to jump in I thought I'd add the link to the University Guild of Student's LGBT society here: https://www.liverpoolguild.org/groups/lgbt-society-4419

Although this year has been different they usually host loads of fun events throughout the year so it's worth checking this out further.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

pls lmk if anyone makes one omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending