The Student Room Group

My Academic Ghost Train (warning: mentions of *CHEMISTRY*)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maisielytical
I have a severe processing problem so I don't really read books for my age so don't laugh at me but I am reading the 12th book of the Skulduggery Pleasant series. I have all of them except the 13th book and I don't think the 14th is out yet. I was kinda forced to walk the dog because I am apparently 'not getting enough exercise' nut oh well. I had a good old jam session in the woods, singing and dancing to songs through my earbuds as there was no one else there. I know I am weird, don't judge me.
Oooooo french. We do love a god old bit of french. I got a 7 at GCSE so if you ever want any advice, just ask :smile:

omg, I've read that book! It's soo good (I don't remember which one I read but I briefly remember the plot). Also dw about not reading books your age - I pretty much read any book as long as it's interesting. I'm actually surprised at myself because I'm also someone who doesn't usually exercise but this year I've been pretty consistent :K: Also your mini jam session sounds soothing as heck - it's good to take a break once in a while. I have a French speaking exam on Tuesday which we're doing virtually and it's the real thing so I'm meant to be preparing by learning vocab but little old me likes to self-sabotage by procrastinating. However, I would like to know how you got a 7 - any revision tips?
sorry for the late reply btw
Hello! I also do psychology :0
Original post by StarshineDiamond
sorry for the late reply btw

No problem at all lmao. If I am being completely honest with you, I hove now idea how I got a 7. I was never actually that good at listening (5) and reading (6) but my two best were speaking (7) and writing (8 - almost a nine, 2 marks off). I was a bit of a procrastinator as well when it came to learning vocabulary so I can totally relate. Because we had teacher assessed grades as well, I think google translate was a big help haha when it came to getting good grades on my hw.
I am not saying cheat (please don't). What I am saying is learn from my mistakes and actually put all the work in.
I think what got me really good grades in the last two was that you write your speaking questions before hand and your teacher marks them. Then the you come to the exam, you have already done the work and just need to memorise them and work on pronunciation. It is pretty much the same for the writing as well as the writing questions are basically just slightly changed versions of the listening questions so if you memorise those questions again for that exam and maybe do a tiny bit of spicing them up :biggrin:, you will do great!
Original post by WrenTheBest2004
Hello! I also do psychology :0

Yo another psychology dood :biggrin:
Yo another psychology dood :biggrin:

:biggrin: what you studying rn?
hey there x
:biggrin: what you studying rn?

We are almost at the end of the AS psychology course, We have just finished attachment with one teacher and we are doing psychopathology with the other which is the last thing that we need to study with her. What fun!
Original post by ruski cyka
hey there x

Hello!
We are almost at the end of the AS psychology course, We have just finished attachment with one teacher and we are doing psychopathology with the other which is the last thing that we need to study with her. What fun!

Oh nice! I’m doing memory right now
Oh nice! I’m doing memory right now

Ah memory, we were taught that whole topic by a sub haha cause our other teacher had an extended leave for illness
Hey!
This blog looks awesome + I’m loving the gifs. Could I have a tag? :awesome:
Ah memory, we were taught that whole topic by a sub haha cause our other teacher had an extended leave for illness

Memory is quite boring
Memory is quite boring

Definitely. Attachment isn't much better haha
Definitely. Attachment isn't much better haha

Favorite subject in psychology?
Favorite subject in psychology?

Oh i would definitely say so far that it has been the psychodynamic approach in approaches lol
Oh i would definitely say so far that it has been the psychodynamic approach in approaches lol

Only done social influence and memory so far so I’d defiantly go with social influence
Only done social influence and memory so far so I’d defiantly go with social influence

Wow. We must be really far ahead in the curriculum. I guess I didn't think much of it when my psych teacher said it but wow haha
No problem at all lmao. If I am being completely honest with you, I hove now idea how I got a 7. I was never actually that good at listening (5) and reading (6) but my two best were speaking (7) and writing (8 - almost a nine, 2 marks off). I was a bit of a procrastinator as well when it came to learning vocabulary so I can totally relate. Because we had teacher assessed grades as well, I think google translate was a big help haha when it came to getting good grades on my hw.
I am not saying cheat (please don't). What I am saying is learn from my mistakes and actually put all the work in.
I think what got me really good grades in the last two was that you write your speaking questions before hand and your teacher marks them. Then the you come to the exam, you have already done the work and just need to memorise them and work on pronunciation. It is pretty much the same for the writing as well as the writing questions are basically just slightly changed versions of the listening questions so if you memorise those questions again for that exam and maybe do a tiny bit of spicing them up :biggrin:, you will do great!

Thank you:puppyeyes:
Wow. We must be really far ahead in the curriculum. I guess I didn't think much of it when my psych teacher said it but wow haha

Yeah 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending