The Student Room Group

Male UTI

Hi there
Recently been having issues with a burning sensation when I pass urine. Went to the sex clinic who did all sorts of tests and found I had a non specific infection so they gave me a course of antibiotics (doxycycline) which worked until about a few days after the course ended, which is when the pain returned.

After this happened I called my GP and explained the situation, who then over the phone diagnosed me with non gonnocal urethretitis and gave me the same 7 day course of antibiotics. I am on day 4 now and the pain hasn’t subsided whatsoever.

Slightly concerned that maybe I have developed resistance to doxycycline now? And also that this may be something more serious than a uti but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it could be; I’ve been researching all kind of things.

Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.
If you have been non-responsive to the management provided by your doctor thus far, the best thing to do is to return and explain the situation once again. From here, they should be able to consider alternative diagnoses/treatments if necessary.

A GP is best-placed to assist with this problem, and refer your case as necessary.
TSR is not the place to get help with this sort of problem.

:doctor: (yes, another one!)

Hope this helps.
Typically urine infections take longer then 5 days to clear up. Most people end up going back for a second course. Most urology consultants would always recommend a two week course of antibiotics for a urine infection. Hopefully with your second course you should be better after you’ve completed it as long as there wasn’t too long a gap before you started your second dose. Drink loads of water to help flush the infection through. Cranberry juice also helps
Stop touching your villy for a week and you'll be fine :lol:
Original post by Kelivesy
Typically urine infections take longer then 5 days to clear up. Most people end up going back for a second course. Most urology consultants would always recommend a two week course of antibiotics for a urine infection.

Nonsense.
Get someone to suck it out of you :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
Nonsense.

Do you work for a urology consultant then or are you a qualified doctor? No. Didn’t think so 👏🏻👏🏻

Quick Reply

Latest