The Student Room Group

Help with wanting boyfriend

I want a boyfriend and I like someone at school. I’m the type of person who is rude to ppl they have crush on and am bad at flirting. I think he could have liked me before, but I acted uninterested and kind of rude but in a funny ish way because I’m SO scared of seeming desperate
He snap chatted me a week ago a picture saying ‘talk’ but I didn’t reply and I aired it because
1. I’m very scared
2 I didn’t know how many other girls he could have sent it to
Anyone who can help me with how to attract him, how to act confident and be more open and less awkward please help.
I need him to rly like Me.
I’m 18 in 2 months and haven’t ever kissed someone or had a boyfriend and I just want to experience a relationship.
Any help appreciated thank you

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry about being 18 and never dating someone/kissing someone. I'm 18 and have never done those things.

Don't rush into anything just because you want a boyfriend take your time with these things. If you seem to come across as rude when flirting then take it down a notch maybe avoid it altogether, I did the same thing with a guy I liked and it ended very badly, albeit the guy I was talking to was very toxic and manipulative.

Most of the time when guys Snapchat 'talk' they have sent it to many other people, some use it as a form of streaks, others use it because they want to talk to someone cus they're bored so don't think too deeply about it.

Keep things simple, if you overcomplicate things it'll just get messy and confusing for both you and the guy. Test the waters first, see if he is responding well to any flirtatious attempts but don't go straight into the deep end because he might just not be into you which at the end of the day is ok. Plenty of fish in the sea!
Reply 2
Ok thank you. I don’t think it was mind games I think it was just awkwardness and getting so nervous that I just act uninterested like hard to get idk. He is very flirty I don’t know how to react to that. Idk but thanks for your help
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Don't worry about being 18 and never dating someone/kissing someone. I'm 18 and have never done those things.

Don't rush into anything just because you want a boyfriend take your time with these things. If you seem to come across as rude when flirting then take it down a notch maybe avoid it altogether, I did the same thing with a guy I liked and it ended very badly, albeit the guy I was talking to was very toxic and manipulative.

Most of the time when guys Snapchat 'talk' they have sent it to many other people, some use it as a form of streaks, others use it because they want to talk to someone cus they're bored so don't think too deeply about it.

Keep things simple, if you overcomplicate things it'll just get messy and confusing for both you and the guy. Test the waters first, see if he is responding well to any flirtatious attempts but don't go straight into the deep end because he might just not be into you which at the end of the day is ok. Plenty of fish in the sea!

How should I ‘test the water’ I’m just not sure how to act around him. Or anyone. I’m so awkward and not great at interacting with people I don’t know very well. How should I try talking to him? Thanks for your reply :smile:
guys like a girl the most when they are very pretty (prettier than other girls)
Reply 5
There's playing hard to get and then there's showing no interest which you done by not replying. Ship has probably sailed unless they really like you.
i'm a guy by the way
Reply 7
guys like a girl the most when they are very pretty (prettier than other girls)

I feel like I’m not ugly and also there’s more than looks...
Reply 8
Original post by spanker
There's playing hard to get and then there's showing no interest which you done by not replying. Ship has probably sailed unless they really like you.

Yeah but boys send those messages to everyone I thought???
So how do I stop playing hard to get and start putting myself out there? How would you want a girl to be?
I have noticed you mention “mind games” a lot and you don’t “appreciate” many things.
i forgot to add:
and slso that have a good personality
Yeah but boys send those messages to everyone I thought???
So how do I stop playing hard to get and start putting myself out there? How would you want a girl to be?

I only send messages to people I like, no idea about others.

Well for one, replying to messages would be a good start.

As soon as I don't get a reply for days / weeks I'd just assume they're not interested and leave it up to them.
I have noticed you mention “mind games” a lot and you don’t “appreciate” many things.

Yeah what is this about?
Original post by spanker
I only send messages to people I like, no idea about others.

Well for one, replying to messages would be a good start.

As soon as I don't get a reply for days / weeks I'd just assume they're not interested and leave it up to them.

Ah damn so I missed my shot u think?
I’m going back to school in a few weeks so he’ll be there again...
Any ideas for that situation?
Too scuurrred bro
Aha trying to be clever but it backfired for them
Idk I wrote the original post but there’s 2 anonymous ppl here I’m getting confused
Ah damn so I missed my shot u think?
I’m going back to school in a few weeks so he’ll be there again...
Any ideas for that situation?

Not 100%, send them a message now and see what the reply is, you can usually judge from that.
Original post by spanker
Not 100%, send them a message now and see what the reply is, you can usually judge from that.

Nah I’m not gonna do that. Because I don’t rlyyyy know them and so there’s nothing to mssg about...
Nah I’m not gonna do that. Because I don’t rlyyyy know them and so there’s nothing to mssg about...

Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
Original post by spanker
Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

I guess I’ll die alone then cause I’m too much of a pussy to do **** like that 🥲🥲🥲

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending