The Student Room Group

Is a 17:26 two mile a decent time for a high school girl?

I just recently started running again after getting a hip injury during xc season and track is starting up. This is my second school year of distance running but i never got to finish the first year because of covid so i don't know whats good or not.
Well, after a hip injury this must be good. I mean, what are you aiming for?
It’s a great time if you haven’t been training yes
Reply 3
Anything under a 9 minute mile is good
Original post by spanker
Anything under a 9 minute mile is good

Ive never been able to get that even with athletic club training 😄
Reply 5
Original post by Redfrost

Military standard was 10:30 minute miles but who knows what it is now.
I do 2 mile in 16 min
Original post by spanker
Military standard was 10:30 minute miles but who knows what it is now.

Seriously? I can do 2k in that time, and I thought I was rubbish :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
Seriously? I can do 2k in that time, and I thought I was rubbish :redface:

Remembering back it was 10:30 minutes for a mile and a half so like 3km. My bad

So roughly 7 minute miles for military.
Original post by spanker
Remembering back it was 10:30 minutes for a mile and a half so like 3km. My bad

So roughly 7 minute miles for military.

fair enough, that makes more sense
Original post by black tea
fair enough, that makes more sense

Yeah I remember things wrong when I only have like 7 hours sleep in the past 3 days..
It's not terrible but not rlly that great. I can't run distance like u but I did sprint fast at hs. Wasn't that long ago...

OTOH master can beat that now and he's old lol! But then he did run a 1:58 800 when he was younger... so train harder girl!

Really wow, my brother does athletics training and runs ata 8 minute mile, I do competitive swimming and I can run at around a 7:30 minute mile ish
Original post by HaydenFordz
Really wow, my brother does athletics training and runs ata 8 minute mile, I do competitive swimming and I can run at around a 7:30 minute mile ish

Is that a mile on its own? I mean when running consecutive miles say 2-3 mile. A mile would prob be 8 mins

Yea I’ve never had great stamina for some reason. Yet when we do circuit sessions etc the people who get good times for running tend to be insufficient at strength training. Not sure if there’s a correlation. Like I can always do more press-ups than them and I’m female yet one lad had to have his knees on the floor. Same with pull ups I can do like 7 no training and none of them could do one : /
Is that a mile on its own? I mean when running consecutive miles say 2-3 mile. A mile would prob be 8 mins

Yea I’ve never had great stamina for some reason. Yet when we do circuit sessions etc the people who get good times for running tend to be insufficient at strength training. Not sure if there’s a correlation. Like I can always do more press-ups than them and I’m female yet one lad had to have his knees on the floor. Same with pull ups I can do like 7 no training and none of them could do one : /

You can do 7 pull ups without training?
Original post by VeritySleeps
You can do 7 pull ups without training?

Yea Ive always been good at them. When I hadn’t done any for about 3 months I did 7
Managed 11 easy after about 2 weeks of training and I didn’t bother much after than.

Ive done no exercise at all in the past few months put on too much weight and can do 2.
Reply 16
Original post by HardlyHuman
Well, after a hip injury this must be good. I mean, what are you aiming for?

I am aiming for a 14:30 minute two mile.
Reply 17
It’s a great time if you haven’t been training yes

Yeah I just started running distance in early 2020 but then I took a long break during quarantine
Reply 18
Original post by candydiva
It's not terrible but not rlly that great. I can't run distance like u but I did sprint fast at hs. Wasn't that long ago...

OTOH master can beat that now and he's old lol! But then he did run a 1:58 800 when he was younger... so train harder girl!

Oh I am going to be training a lot more im just getting started. I just wanted to see if i was getting there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending