Scroll to see replies

is anyone on here a home undergrad?
Reply 41
Original post by mariaxam
congrats!! are you international?

Thank you! Yes I am :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Ryan0712
Hi, is the first maintenance loan paid January or September?

Hey, it is paid in January as they wait until the course starts and you have registered.
Hello everyone, I haven’t done my application yet but I was wondering if the interview will be online or not as the website talks about doing the interview at the actual university which is unusual due to Covid.
Original post by 7strawberries
Hello everyone, I haven’t done my application yet but I was wondering if the interview will be online or not as the website talks about doing the interview at the actual university which is unusual due to Covid.

hi! I wasn't sure either but I think they're going to wait to see what happens with covid to decide. I know that other unis e.g. Kent and Medway had stated that they would have MMI's and prefer for people to come IN for them but then covid got a lot worse so they moved them online.
I guess once you've submitted and (hopefully!) got an interview they will confirm the logistics. Are you international?
Reply 45
Original post by 7strawberries

They're doing digital MMIs. All selection events should be online due to covid this year.
Hey guys I am a scottish student applying for 2022 entry. I have been predicted a 2.1 and will be graduating this summer. I wanted to ask did people apply via UCAS or directly to the University. If on UCAS then how cause ucas wont allow me to and when i am trying to apply to the uni directly idk how to put in my degree ? any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Original post by a.d..2021
Hey guys I am a scottish student applying for 2022 entry. I have been predicted a 2.1 and will be graduating this summer. I wanted to ask did people apply via UCAS or directly to the University. If on UCAS then how cause ucas wont allow me to and when i am trying to apply to the uni directly idk how to put in my degree ? any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi! I applied directly through the uni (mainly because I used all my UCAS choices). I think it's much easier to apply via the website itself, if that helps?
how much will it cost in total to study at Buckingham for 4.5 years ?
Original post by a.d..2021
how much will it cost in total to study at Buckingham for 4.5 years ?

This is what the website says:

Start Type 1st Year Total cost
Jan 2022
Full-time
4.5 Years
UK £38,000 Total: £171,002
EU £38,000 Total: £171,002
INT £38,000 Total:£171,002
Hey guys. Graduate here. I'm thinking of putting an application through for 2022. Wondering if anyone can answer these questions.
i. Is Buckingham med school very competitive to get into?
ii. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?
iii. Do we have a choice in choosing Crewe campus or the main one?

Thanks
Hey, sorry to be interfering but just wanted to know is there any thread for 2022 admissions or this is the only thread for buckingham?
Reply 52
Original post by Farhan2003
Hey, sorry to be interfering but just wanted to know is there any thread for 2022 admissions or this is the only thread for buckingham?

The 2022 thread is here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=92881730&highlight=Buckingham%20a100%202022
Reply 54
Original post by Nofear101
Hey guys. Graduate here. I'm thinking of putting an application through for 2022. Wondering if anyone can answer these questions.
i. Is Buckingham med school very competitive to get into?
ii. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?
iii. Do we have a choice in choosing Crewe campus or the main one?

Thanks

Are you an international applicant ?

i. No. It is less competitive. Grade requirement is ABB so those who have the grades to get admission to most other UK medical schools whose requirements are usually AAA are likely to get accepted. Having got GMC registration only in 2019 it has still not got well known or built a reputation, good or bad, to international students. Being a private medical school it charges full fees of £38,000 for UK students and therefore gets less home applicants.

ii. MMI. Use Youtube as a start.

iii. My understanding is that MB ChB is at Buckingham. Those doing Foundation courses etc may be at Crewe.

Edit : I stand corrected in the next post by @Mina_xo seems that they are now doing medicine at Crewe.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by HPAG
Are you an international applicant ?

i. No. It is less competitive. Grade requirement is ABB so those who have the grades to get admission to most other UK medical schools whose requirements are usually AAA are likely to get accepted. Having got GMC registration only in 2019 it has still not got well known or built a reputation, good or bad, to international students. Being a private medical school it charges full fees of £38,000 for UK students and therefore gets less home applicants.

ii. MMI. Use Youtube as a start.

iii. My understanding is that MB ChB is at Buckingham. Those doing Foundation courses etc may be at Crewe.

Just to correct, the medicine course is also held at the Crewe campus. The first cohort of crew medical students started this year, 2021.

So there are only 58 crew medical students. There’s about 120 of us Buckingham campus med students from the 2021 cohort. Then of course we have all the medics from the above years, whilst crew only has 1st year medics at the moment.
Reply 56
Original post by Mina_xo
Just to correct, the medicine course is also held at the Crewe campus. The first cohort of crew medical students started this year, 2021.

So there are only 58 crew medical students. There’s about 120 of us Buckingham campus med students from the 2021 cohort. Then of course we have all the medics from the above years, whilst crew only has 1st year medics at the moment.

So how does lectures happen ? Do Crewe Campus medics have separate lectures & lecturers ? Also do applicants have a choice as to which campus they get allocated ?

So is it a total of 178 students in the 2021 year ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by HPAG
So how does lectures happen ? Do Crewe Campus medics have separate lectures & lecturers ? Also do applicants have a choice as to which campus they get allocated ?

So is it a total of 178 students in the 2021 year ?

Well at the moment, we are all in the same lectures online due to Covid. We will be on campus from May. So Crewe students will have their own separate lectures and lecturers. The course is structured the same at both campuses.

Yes, applicants can choose whether they want to be at Buckingham or Crewe but if you apply late in the application cycle and one campus is full, you will automatically be placed at the campus that still has spaces left.

And yes, there are roughly 178 students in the 2021 cohort. More than any other year due to the addition of the course at the Crewe campus.
Reply 58
Original post by Mina_xo
Well at the moment, we are all in the same lectures online due to Covid. We will be on campus from May. So Crewe students will have their own separate lectures and lecturers. The course is structured the same at both campuses.

Yes, applicants can choose whether they want to be at Buckingham or Crewe but if you apply late in the application cycle and one campus is full, you will automatically be placed at the campus that still has spaces left.

And yes, there are roughly 178 students in the 2021 cohort. More than any other year due to the addition of the course at the Crewe campus.

Thanks.

The University website says that as a private school there is no cap on the number of international applicants they may accept. But I would imagine there would be logistical limitations such as clinical placement slots. Would you know the total number they are targeting to reach ? Also how many of the 178 are international students ?

I'm guessing in the next few years as more internationals hear about the school, from others who have joined, it could get more competitive.
Original post by HPAG
...The University website says that as a private school there is no cap on the number of international applicants they may accept...

I think they meant the proportional rather than an absolute number (i.e. they can't take 3000 international students, but can take 90% international students).

For non-private med schools, the proportion is capped at 7.5%.

Post originally created by ecolier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending