The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences 2021/22

Has anyone received an offer from UCL for the MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences course ?

When did you apply?
Date of offer :

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im thinking of applying for this programme, would this be a suitable pathway to clinical psychology? Prospectus is pretty vague
Reply 2
Original post by wesgwl
Im thinking of applying for this programme, would this be a suitable pathway to clinical psychology? Prospectus is pretty vague

I think so but it really depends on what your interests are. If you email the programme leaders they can send you a copy of the full course details.
Reply 3
It has been 7 weeks since I have applied to the course. Haven't received any reply yet.
Reply 4
Original post by wesgwl

It is mandatory to complete a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology to become a Clinical psychologist. You can complete Clinical Mental Health Sciences course and apply for a doctoral course in the neae future.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Dhwani99
It has been 7 weeks since I have applied to the course. Haven't received any reply yet.

UCL might take a while but you never know , I can imagine it’s a popular course.
Reply 6
Original post by Berppiah
Has anyone received an offer from UCL for the MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences course ?

When did you apply?
Date of offer :

Received an unconditional offer. Date of application (when it became complete): 15th December 2020. Date of offer: 6th February 2021
Reply 7
Original post by wesgwl

Definitely is, I have applied with that intention. It will give a broad sense of 'clinical' mental health practice which you use in conjunction with clinical based experience/ volunteering.

When did you apply?
Date of offer :

Yeppers I got an unconditional but that’s because I already graduated I think.

Date of application: 21/11/20
Date of offer: 17/12/20
Reply 9

When did you apply?
Date of offer :

Still waiting, called them up today and they told me I could potentially be looking at another 6 to 8 weeks even though it's already been 6 weeks. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 10

Have you heard back yet?
Reply 11
Original post by Isik98
Still waiting, called them up today and they told me I could potentially be looking at another 6 to 8 weeks even though it's already been 6 weeks. Have you heard back yet?

Yeah I’ve been waiting 7 weeks now- that’s crazy another 6-8?
Reply 12
Original post by ann0808
Yeah I’ve been waiting 7 weeks now- that’s crazy another 6-8?

Yeah they told me that my application hasn't been forwarded to the department yet so I should expect it to be another 6-8 weeks until I hear back from them
Reply 13
Original post by Isik98
Yeah they told me that my application hasn't been forwarded to the department yet so I should expect it to be another 6-8 weeks until I hear back from them

That’s so annoying!
Original post by Isik98
Have you heard back yet?

Yes. It's been a month now
Reply 15
Yes. It's been a month now

Yeah sorry I saw that you posted that in the thread I must've missed it, I'm still waiting coming up to my 8th week now hopefully I'll here back soon! Anyone else had any updates?
Original post by Isik98
Yeah sorry I saw that you posted that in the thread I must've missed it, I'm still waiting coming up to my 8th week now hopefully I'll here back soon! Anyone else had

In which field have you done your bachelor's/masters in?
Original post by heAdphoneESPER
Yeppers I got an unconditional but that’s because I already graduated I think.

Date of application: 21/11/20
Date of offer: 17/12/20

Hey. Congratulations!! Have you accepted the offer letter??
Reply 18
In which field have you done your bachelor's/masters in?

I'm currently in my last year of my psychology undergrad at a uk uni but I'm not sure my application is very strong. I did a placement at a rehab facility abroad but that's all the work experience I've got so I'm not super positive. I guess it just depends on how many offers they've already made and how much space is left on the course.
Hey. Congratulations!! Have you accepted the offer letter??

Yeah I accepted the offer so it’s one less thing to worry about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending