The Student Room Group

Is there any a-levels to avoid-not do???

any ?? i am trying to choose my subjects for a-levels and not sure what subjects not to study or to avoid any suggestions.....?

i am thinking of studying health and social care , sociology and business but i am not sure really??
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by fkiraxo
any ?? i am trying to choose my subjects for a-levels and not sure what subjects not to study or to avoid any suggestions.....?

i am thinking of studying health and social care , sociology and business but i am not sure really??

@fkiraxo
Hello! I am a teacher in an FE College so I can give you some advice.

All A levels are worth the same number of UCAS tariff points which is the mechanism by which you get to University. It is best choosing A levels that generally aim in the direction of your planned career/s. in 2005 I did a few subjects which were considered to be a bit weaker by some - film studies and media studies, however I did A Level Sociology too which is what I did my degree in and then taught. I always think it is wise to have 2 aimed at a career area, and then 1 or 2 which look great in general employment like English language or Psychology

I'm sure you will do great in your A Levels!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Arden University
@fkiraxo
Hello! I am a teacher in an FE College so I can give you some advice.

All A levels are worth the same number of UCAS tariff points which is the mechanism by which you get to University. It is best choosing A levels that generally aim in the direction of your planned career/s. in 2005 I did a few subjects which were considered to be a bit weaker by some - film studies and media studies, however I did A Level Sociology too which is what I did my degree in and then taught. I always think it is wise to have 2 aimed at a career area, and then 1 or 2 which look great in general employment like English language or Psychology

I'm sure you will do great in your A Levels!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

aww thanks for this helpss

Quick Reply

Latest