The Student Room Group

Edinburgh A100 / MBChB for HCP 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Edinburgh A100 / MBChB for HCP 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/edinburgh-medical-school/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by m75
I can't seem to find a thread for 2021 offer holder for Edinburgh, so decided to make one:smile:

I guess I will just link the general rules:

General TSR rules:

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

It was literally linked in the first post of the Edinburgh A100 and the HCP threads :lol:

Reply 2
Sorry! I will share it to the Edinburgh thread then:smile: Could not find it anywhere
Reply 3
Original post by m75
Sorry! I will share it to the Edinburgh thread then:smile: Could not find it anywhere

All the offer holder threads for medicine will be in the "Medical Schools" forum :yes:

Reply 4
Has anyone thought about accommodation yet? I'd probs go for catered by I'm aware that pollock has a bit of a rep
Original post by catn00b
Has anyone thought about accommodation yet? I'd probs go for catered by I'm aware that pollock has a bit of a rep

same - its probably not as bad as people say though

and its not flats so you're not really stuck with the same people
Haha I did my undergrad in the cheap land of Dundee so Edi accomodation prices have me concerned - might be beans on toast for a few years for me lol
Reply 7
Original post by KellyL136
Haha I did my undergrad in the cheap land of Dundee so Edi accomodation prices have me concerned - might be beans on toast for a few years for me lol

Can I join you, it will be cheaper if we get family size beans cans
hey are there any graduates firming Edinburgh? Also is anyone considering getting private accommodation?
Original post by nanna1995
hey are there any graduates firming Edinburgh? Also is anyone considering getting private accommodation?

Hey I’m applying as a graduate but I’ll be living at home (I finish my BsC this year) 🤗 I firmed Edinburgh yesterday!

yeah I probably will be and hopefully will be in private accom if i can find folk
Original post by NicoleDV
Hey I’m applying as a graduate but I’ll be living at home (I finish my BsC this year) 🤗 I firmed Edinburgh yesterday!

ohh perfect I'm not alone! I finished my masters last year and firmed Edinburgh yesterday too!
Original post by KellyL136
yeah I probably will be and hopefully will be in private accom if i can find folk

I may join you if I can't find a place
ohh perfect I'm not alone! I finished my masters last year and firmed Edinburgh yesterday too!

are you a mature student? I didn’t want to assume from the d.o.b in your username! I’m 28 👩🏼*⚕️
Original post by NicoleDV
are you a mature student? I didn’t want to assume from the d.o.b in your username! I’m 28 👩🏼*⚕️

Haha I guess so I turn 26 this year
Reply 15

I’m finishing my Degree just now and will most likely be firming Edinburgh too. Accommodation looks like a nightmare to sort out and so expensive compared to where I’m used to
Anyone know the best halls are for med students that are self catered?
Original post by rrobynn
I’m finishing my Degree just now and will most likely be firming Edinburgh too. Accommodation looks like a nightmare to sort out and so expensive compared to where I’m used to

Tbh the prices are very similar to the rent I pay in London was hoping to escape the huge bills
When can you start applying for accommodation? I tried to start applying now but myED wouldn't let me.
Original post by mathsExpert2003
When can you start applying for accommodation? I tried to start applying now but myED wouldn't let me.

I think you need to firm Edinburgh first? But I'm not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending