The Student Room Group

HELP Applied for the wrong year for student finance !

I applied for the 2018/19 year instead of the 2019/20 year like an idiot! Please help! Idk what to do
Reply 1
please can someone help i just got the letter and the deadline is over
Original post by studyr
please can someone help i just got the letter and the deadline is over

Hi there,

If you log onto your online account you will be able to to cancel your 2018/19. This will then allow you to apply for the 2019/20 academic year.

Thanks, Erin
Hi Ive done the same thing for the 2020/2021 year when im meant to be applying for the 2021/2022 . Ive had the wrong year one approved with a letter and I cant cancel it online . Ive already submitted an application for the right year . But idk how to cancel the 2020/2021 application . Can anyone help?
Reply 4
Original post by Pineapple20010
Hi Ive done the same thing for the 2020/2021 year when im meant to be applying for the 2021/2022 . Ive had the wrong year one approved with a letter and I cant cancel it online . Ive already submitted an application for the right year . But idk how to cancel the 2020/2021 application . Can anyone help?

I did this on my first year. You should call sfe and tell them what you have done. They will cancel the 20/21 application and you will just have to reapply for 21/22 year. Dw about it
Hi! I’m in the exact same situation as you. I called up student finance and they told me to apply for 2021/22 and to send them a letter with the proof and also a cover letter including my customer reference number, explaining what has happened. I am still a little confused about the whole situation too though 😂
Hi I’ve done the same thing I’m so lost, I’ve had a letter saying the amount I’ll get and things for the 2020/21 year which I first applied for🤣online though it says the application I did for that year has been withdrawn though so what does this mean? I’ve also reapplied for 21/22 year now so I’m just confused if it’s going to be fine or what should I do
Original post by Pineapple20010

Good Afternoon,

Did you manage to cancel this application?

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Original post by Jakedougyyy01
Hi I’ve done the same thing I’m so lost, I’ve had a letter saying the amount I’ll get and things for the 2020/21 year which I first applied for🤣online though it says the application I did for that year has been withdrawn though so what does this mean? I’ve also reapplied for 21/22 year now so I’m just confused if it’s going to be fine or what should I do

Good Afternoon,

Entitlement letters typically get issued after a withdrawal (or similar changes). It's fine to reapply as a new student after a withdrawal.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending