The Student Room Group

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ ๐—›๐—ถ ๐—ข๐˜…๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—ฃ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐˜ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ณ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—š๐—ฌ๐—š

Decided at midnight last night to make this. Only... what? 6 months late? Whatโ€™s half a year anyway. :holmes: By the way, if none of the images work, idk what to do lol. I tried and I'll sort them out later. :s-smilie:

Who am I?

Spoiler

Why is this GYG a thing?

Spoiler

GCSEs/A-Levels

Spoiler

Where am I planning on applying?

Spoiler

I donโ€™t really know that much about any unis apart from Oxford tbh. One thing I definitely need to do this year is to attend open days (tho theyโ€™ll probs all be virtual). I really donโ€™t want to apply to any London Unis since I live in London.

I hope I can actually commit to this one. I really want to try my hardest these next two years. Hopefully, my laziness doesn't get the better of me.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Good Luck for the year, weโ€™re in the same year :smile:
Hope youโ€™re doing better with your mental health :console:
Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32
Good Luck for the year, weโ€™re in the same year :smile:
Hope youโ€™re doing better with your mental health :console:

Thanks! Iโ€™m doing much better. Iโ€™m just going to try and push through with a good mindset :smile:

Goals for the year

โ€ข Improve my grades. My exams in January left me with A*A*BC Iโ€™m not sure why I struggle so much with biology, so Iโ€™ll try and focus on that. Iโ€™m aiming for an A by the end of the year. Finger crossed!

โ€ข Improve my UCAT abilities. I recently got allocated extra time in exams, so maybe thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m so terrible? Lol. Either way, a huge focus of mine will be answering questions more efficiently.

โ€ข Regularly practise BMAT. Havenโ€™t tried any real questions yet but apparently itโ€™s harder than UCAT so :emo:

โ€ข Read. Read. READ. It took me around 2 days to finish Do No Harm after putting it off for months. I didnโ€™t think I was the biggest fan of reading so Iโ€™m quite surprised :gah:
I have a list of books I want to complete so that I know I definitely have a good grasp of what practising medicine entails.

โ€ข Sleep. Pretty self-explanatory. One of the things I procrastinate the worst on though.

43DBBC11-87AF-4A59-A387-D38CE18D869E.jpeg

Plan for GYG

Going to split day into three sections:

Morning
For everything I did/plan on doing before my 3rd period (at around 12)

Afternoon
For everything I did/plan on doing before school ends

Evening
For everything I did/plan on doing after school

Plans for today (03/03/2021)

โ€ข Finish When Breath Becomes Air
โ€ข Do write-up on Do No Harm
โ€ข Do Maths HW on two-tailed hypotheses tests
โ€ข Survive History (seems unlikely) :boring:
โ€ข Make Biology flashcards
โ€ข Find medical articles to read

This is quite a lot so I expect it to spill onto tomorrow.

68D0222E-85A5-4F35-B343-848DFE439F46.jpeg
Is there a tag thing ๐Ÿ˜ญ can I be tagged
Original post by Qxi.xli
Is there a tag thing ๐Ÿ˜ญ can I be tagged

Sure! I donโ€™t actually know how to lmao. Iโ€™ll try tho.
Hey, I would also like to be tagged! Also, you did so well at gcses, do you have any revision tips? How do you manage your time in terms of revision?
03/03/2021

Morning
I didnโ€™t do much. I had Biology in which I desperately tried to catch up with the lesson I missed on Monday (definitely not because I chose to sleep through it or anything... :ninja:). I should have been more productive but procrastination said โ€œnoโ€ :โ€™)

Afternoon
I had Chemistry, Maths and History. Luckily, my chem lesson happened to be an article-based on where we had to find a chemistry article to write a review about. I took the time to search up some written on medical topics and found a few interesting ones which Iโ€™m excited to read. They arenโ€™t very complicated and seem more Year 7-9 level tbh, so Iโ€™ll probably have to do some more digging. :hmmmm:

Evening
I spent my time doing so much... not. I did absolutely nothing apart from Maths hw. I spent more time researching the BMAT than actually doing any practice lol.

So all in all, I found articles and did my homework. I didnโ€™t make any flashcards nor finish the book :argh: but I have a lot of school work which I need to prioritise at the moment.

I finish school a little later tomorrow, and I also have a medical thingy to attend for an hour. Looks like Iโ€™ll have a lot on my plate. Itโ€™d be easier if I didnโ€™t keep procrastinating tho. :s-smilie:

9D6C2D84-C91C-47FD-93C8-17571829228A.jpeg
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by StarshineDiamond
Hey, I would also like to be tagged! Also, you did so well at gcses, do you have any revision tips? How do you manage your time in terms of revision?

Good question. Iโ€™ll actually need to think of a good response for this lol. Iโ€™ll definitely get back to you! :smile:
Original post by ItsTomii
Good question. Iโ€™ll actually need to think of a good response for this lol. Iโ€™ll definitely get back to you! :smile:

thank you :biggrin:
Plans for today (03/03/2021)

โ€ข Make Biology flashcards
โ€ข Make History flashcards
โ€ข Research Four Pillars of Medicine
โ€ข Do write-up on Do No Harm
โ€ข Do Maths HW on differentiation

I procrastinated too much yesterday, so I figured Iโ€™d give myself a less demanding plan for today. :burnout:

46FD2F2C-33EA-41AB-AFB7-07A0D1E4A727.jpeg
(edited 3 years ago)
Sure! I donโ€™t actually know how to lmao. Iโ€™ll try tho.

:hello:To tag different users use the @ symbol and then type their username. Make sure it goes blue once you've selected the username :h:
e.g. @ItsTomii

If you leave a username between each name and type @ you can tag multiple users :yes:
(edited 3 years ago)
Plans for today (08/03/2021)

โ€ข Get through my last lesson of online learning :boring:
โ€ข Start my History hw
โ€ข Continue reading This Is Going To Hurt
โ€ข Think about how Iโ€™m never going to actually complete my write-up on Do No Harm :emo:

I was consistent for 2 days before taking a break LOL. Nevermind that. Schoolโ€™s starting again so maybe itโ€™ll give me the motivation to power through this. :beard:

7E4AB492-3917-4F0A-91A1-8532105F5DAA.jpeg

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

โ€ข Start my History hw
โ€ข Think about how Iโ€™m never going to actually complete my write-up on Do No Harm :emo:

I was consistent for 2 days before taking a break LOL. Nevermind that. Schoolโ€™s starting again so maybe itโ€™ll give me the motivation to power through this. :beard:

Spoiler

gl!

โ€ข Start my History hw

Spoiler

I hope you had a great day today :smile: Hopefully you're getting through your list well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending