The Student Room Group

Help NOW!

Would Grey sports leggings and a black striped jumper + grey shoes be considered 'comfortable but smart' for a job interview (at a supermarket)!!!!!
Pls!!!
Calling all sensible people.
No!! Think smart trousers (either like skinny trousers or dark wash fitted jeans without rips) and a jumper (not a hoody or sweatshirt, just a knitted jumper that's not too oversized)
Despite taking the piss with my clothes.... I got the Job.

You sound saw about the fact that it is acceptable for women to wear a greater range of clothing than men. I think I may have just confirmed the existence of female privilege. :biggrin:
Thank you, I have been unemployed for the last 3 years, so I am kind of pleased with myself.
Original post by glassalice
Would Grey sports leggings and a black striped jumper + grey shoes be considered 'comfortable but smart' for a job interview (at a supermarket)!!!!!

Congratulations 😊 Sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Congratulations 😊 Sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier.

Thank you :smile:. I was just getting a little stressed. I would have worn a shirt etc, but the interview was on such short notice, I didn't have time to iron it. All paid off in the end though.
Original post by glassalice
Thank you :smile:. I was just getting a little stressed. I would have worn a shirt etc, but the interview was on such short notice, I didn't have time to iron it. All paid off in the end though.

You’re welcome. 😊

I can understand the last minute struggles. Wishing you all the best.
Yea, I am certainly planing on keeping it. Although I am only on a temp contract, they intend on making me permanent after a trial period.
Yeah, they said that they wouldn't ask me to do more than 14 hours week though, I can't for now as it will mess up benefit claim. My contract is for 10 hours a week.
But they did say that the shift pattern will vary from week to week.
(If they did try to force me to work more than 14 hours a week I could threaten to bring a disability discrimination tribunal against them- don't particularly want to go down that route and it wouldn't make me popular, but it would be an option.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending