The Student Room Group

Law Commission Research Assistant Application

Is anyone else currently applying for a post as a research assistant with the Law Commission?

I must say that I am finding the application difficult - specifically the question asking for evidence of intellectual ability as I have no idea what to write!

Scroll to see replies

Did you happen to hear back? I'm still waiting for a response...
Original post by thepurplerain
Did you happen to hear back? I'm still waiting for a response...

Me too, I've heard nothing.
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
Me too, I've heard nothing.

I'm waiting too.. But yesterday my application status changed on the portal to this- 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.' No clue what that means..
Original post by igcse101
I'm waiting too.. But yesterday my application status changed on the portal to this- 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.' No clue what that means..

Yes mine says that too. That usually means they're doing something behind the scenes.
Reply 5
Should I be worried that mine hasn't updated? mine still says the same thing as when I first applied
Original post by gr2208
Should I be worried that mine hasn't updated? mine still says the same thing as when I first applied

Me too!
Reply 7
Me too!

Hopefully they are just taking a while to get through them all. Good luck though! Fingers crossed we hear back soon
Reply 8
It also may be that we applied to different teams and some have started processing applications and some haven’t. Mine updated to say it was on hold yesterday, I applied to CoCo
Original post by Re4321
It also may be that we applied to different teams and some have started processing applications and some haven’t. Mine updated to say it was on hold yesterday, I applied to CoCo

Oh I didn't even think about that, that makes sense! I applied for Criminal and PFT
Original post by Re4321

I applied to CoCo too, with Criminal as the second choice.
Reply 11
Oh I didn't even think about that, that makes sense! I applied for Criminal and PFT

My first choice was PFT too so that would make sense
I also haven't heard back!
Yeah I think the different teams will mean they get reviewed at different times! I'm trying not to read into anything.. I haven't heard anymore since being told it's on hold so I guess we just wait and see!
The guidance booklet stated that we should be taking a test between the 2nd and 5th of March, so I'm beginning to think they just haven't sent out rejections.
Original post by rachelberry
The guidance booklet stated that we should be taking a test between the 2nd and 5th of March, so I'm beginning to think they just haven't sent out rejections.

Yeah we were supposed to hear on 1st March. It's possible they got behind though.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Yeah we were supposed to hear on 1st March. It's possible they got behind though.

This is very likely! Btw, I applied to the Public team as my first choice. Reading about you guys has made me feel like I'm not completely alone in an application void, so thank you for starting this thread.
I have applied to public law team as well and have not heard anything either - so don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 18
Applied to Criminal and also haven’t heard anything yet!
Given nobody in this thread has heard anything, I think the odds are good that it means they just haven't been handing out invites yet.

Quick Reply

Latest