The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary 2021

Is anyone applying to study for a PGCE Primary for September 2021?
If so, what uni's have you applied to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JUD0131

Hey! Yes I am applying for PGCE primary in September at Chester University. Currently doing my application. Just need to pick my references and send it off :smile: Not sure what other choices I will do as I want to go to Chester
Reply 2
Original post by Belleb101
Hey! Yes I am applying for PGCE primary in September at Chester University. Currently doing my application. Just need to pick my references and send it off :smile: Not sure what other choices I will do as I want to go to Chester

Hey! Glad to know you're going down the same route. I wish you all the best with your application and I hope you get into Chester!
What are the main factors you're looking for when selecting a uni?
Reply 3
Hey!
Yes I am planning to do PGCE Primary in September at UCL or Brighton. :smile:
Original post by JUD0131

Good morning,
Newman University offers two different routes for its PGCE primary, 3-7 and 5-11 years old. I'm currently a PGCE 3-7 student at Newman University, if you have any questions please do ask.
I've attached a link to the Newman University Website. Good luck with your application!
https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/faculties/faculty-of-education/pgce-primary/
Yes! I've applied to university of Worcester for 5-11. Not heard anything yet 🤞🏼 and good luck to you!
I’ve applied for Liverpool hope and edge hill, have interviews this week !😊
Reply 7
I applied for Sheffield Hallam, Durham and Newcastle.

Had an interview for Sheffield Hallam and Durham, both were quite chill! And got an offer of an interview for Newcastle but had heard back that I had been offered a place at Durham, so I’ll be starting my PGCE there in September!

Good luck everyone!
I had my interview for Durham and Newcastle back in November! Not sure why so early 😬 I got offers for both but chose durham!
Hi, @weeaimeemc did you have any teaching experience prior the interview? Applying for Newcastle and Durham
Original post by katieneve224
Hi, @weeaimeemc did you have any teaching experience prior the interview? Applying for Newcastle and Durham

I had SEN classroom assistant experience and some placement in secondary, I had an undergrad and a masters and I’m a coach in 2 sporting disciplines so I had lots of child experience! Although I’m pretty sure it’s not a legality anymore to have teaching experience!🙂
Reply 11
Hi! I’m Beki. I got accepted my pgce primary offer from Durham too!
hey! i've applied to ucl, goldsmiths and london southbank and got offers for all of them - think i'm going to choose goldsmiths!
Original post by weeaimeemc
I had SEN classroom assistant experience and some placement in secondary, I had an undergrad and a masters and I’m a coach in 2 sporting disciplines so I had lots of child experience! Although I’m pretty sure it’s not a legality anymore to have teaching experience!🙂

Thank you for your help!!
Original post by username5058628
hey! i've applied to ucl, goldsmiths and london southbank and got offers for all of them - think i'm going to choose goldsmiths!

Hi @username5055486 congrats! What experience did you have prior. Just trying to work out how strict they are
Original post by Aarif - Newman University Rep
Good morning,
Newman University offers two different routes for its PGCE primary, 3-7 and 5-11 years old. I'm currently a PGCE 3-7 student at Newman University, if you have any questions please do ask.
I've attached a link to the Newman University Website. Good luck with your application!
https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/faculties/faculty-of-education/pgce-primary/

Hi..does overseas candidates can stayback for 2 years in uk after completing pgce course? I am an applicant from India.
Original post by Luciya Varghese
Hi..does overseas candidates can stayback for 2 years in uk after completing pgce course? I am an applicant from India.

International students can stay in the UK for 2 years after graduation with a new Visa. The UK government has confirmed that from 1 July 2021, international students can apply to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years after graduating with the new Graduate Route visa.
Hi I’ve applied to Newman to study PGCE primary 3-7 but I applied direct as that is the only Uni I want to go to. Has anyone had experince of applying direct? Thank you
Original post by Adele1210
Hi I’ve applied to Newman to study PGCE primary 3-7 but I applied direct as that is the only Uni I want to go to. Has anyone had experince of applying direct? Thank you

I had applied through UCAS but applying directly is just another way to apply to a uni you wish to go to.
I’ve firmed Cumbria in Lancaster to start in Sept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending