The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

History offers

Has anyone had any offers from the school of history (non-contextual)? If so, if you don’t mind sharing what were they :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone had any offers from the school of history (non-contextual)? If so, if you don’t mind sharing what were they :smile:

I've recieved an unconditional offer for history and politics. I applied in November and heard back in December
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I've recieved an unconditional offer for history and politics. I applied in November and heard back in December

Congrats! I applied in October and still haven’t heard anything...
Congrats! I applied in October and still haven’t heard anything...

Good luck!!
I applied for history and politics back in October... still haven't heard anything yet ahh
applied for HisPol in november, still waiting!
I applied for history and politics back in October... still haven't heard anything yet ahh

Same here, the wait is agonising!!
Have any Scottish applicants heard for hispol?
Reply 8
Original post by CamBridgesss
Have any Scottish applicants heard for hispol?

Hi I’ve not heard from Edinburgh or any other uni for history and politics apart from stirling. Hopefully more of the universities start giving out offers for it the wait is horrific.
Has anyone heard anything from Edinburgh or St Andrews for plain History?

Congratulations on your offer. If you update the spreadsheet with your offer we can all see. Thx
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6911302
Anyone English heard anything yet?
Any ideas on what a history and politics offer will look like this year? Some courses (like economics) have reduced entry requirements so hoping it’s AAB and not A*AA like on the website
Original post by Anonymous12433
Any ideas on what a history and politics offer will look like this year? Some courses (like economics) have reduced entry requirements so hoping it’s AAB and not A*AA like on the website

I think econ entry requirements were officially changed on the website so considering that the HisPol site is still showing A*AA I don’t think we should be expecting offers below that at the moment. Hard to say as I’ve not seen any rUK non-contextual offers yet so lower entry reqs would always be a nice surprise but I’m not banking on it :smile: good luck!
I think econ entry requirements were officially changed on the website so considering that the HisPol site is still showing A*AA I don’t think we should be expecting offers below that at the moment. Hard to say as I’ve not seen any rUK non-contextual offers yet so lower entry reqs would always be a nice surprise but I’m not banking on it :smile: good luck!

Thanks, you too!
Reply 15
Original post by angusgmoncrieff
Has anyone heard anything from Edinburgh or St Andrews for plain History?

I heard back from St Andrews back in November (applied early October), but nothing from Edinburgh yet
Anyone had an update yet?
Just seen an international history and politics offer on the spreadsheet
For anyone who holds a his/pol offer, would you please share the offer requirements? :smile:

Quick Reply