The Student Room Group

Student Finance Eligibility

I have a questions regarding eligibility for funding. In 2020 I was on a Teacher Training Course but due to lack of support and bullying of staff in my placement school I withdrew from the course after two months of attending the course. I have recently applied and been accepted on to a Masters Sociology course at Anglia Ruskin University but I am now concerned I will not be eligible for funding. Obviously I can not provide evidence for withdrawing due to issues with the course provider I was wondering if there were any options as to what to do next.

Thank you.
Original post by WannabeA*
I have a questions regarding eligibility for funding. In 2020 I was on a Teacher Training Course but due to lack of support and bullying of staff in my placement school I withdrew from the course after two months of attending the course. I have recently applied and been accepted on to a Masters Sociology course at Anglia Ruskin University but I am now concerned I will not be eligible for funding. Obviously I can not provide evidence for withdrawing due to issues with the course provider I was wondering if there were any options as to what to do next.

Thank you.

Hi, is this a full masters course? Are you transferring any credits? Have you ever had a postgraduate loan or studied a masters level course before.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, is this a full masters course? Are you transferring any credits? Have you ever had a postgraduate loan or studied a masters level course before.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi thank you for the quick reply, The course I have applied for is a full masters course. I am not transferring credits. I have not had a postgraduate loan or studies a masters level course before except receiving a loan for a Teacher training course that Included a PGCE and QTS qualification but I withdrew after a couple of months due to having no support and bullying of staff and also cancelled my student loan.

Thanks,
Adam
Hi thank you for the quick reply, The course I have applied for is a full masters course. I am not transferring credits. I have not had a postgraduate loan or studies a masters level course before except receiving a loan for a Teacher training course that Included a PGCE and QTS qualification but I withdrew after a couple of months due to having no support and bullying of staff and also cancelled my student loan.

Thanks,
Adam

You should be eligible to apply for a postgraduate masters loan, your PGCE course will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
You should be eligible to apply for a postgraduate masters loan, your PGCE course will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much for the quick reply. It has put my mind at rest.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. It has put my mind at rest.

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending