The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RhysSmith567
Anyone know what Questionnaire to the Occupational Health Service as soon as available and before 31 July” is and when it will be available? It’s one of the conditions listed in my offer.

Its just a health questionnaire that all medicine students have to fill in before they start working. It will ask about any health conditions you have (physical or mental) any medications you take and your vaccinations. Its just to ensure there's nothing that could prevent you from becoming a doctor and that your vaccinations are up to date before you start medicine.
Original post by AdamGenga
Its just a health questionnaire that all medicine students have to fill in before they start working. It will ask about any health conditions you have (physical or mental) any medications you take and your vaccinations. Its just to ensure there's nothing that could prevent you from becoming a doctor and that your vaccinations are up to date before you start medicine.

Ok thanks for replying. I assume we receive it when we firm newcastle then?

I think so! Would make sense to only send it out after you've firmed their offer.
what accommodation is looking good for medics?
Original post by unknownincog

from what I've seen Park View village is closest to the med school (less than 10 min walk) and its pretty new so I think that's a popular one for med students :smile:
Reply 45

My daughter, now a fourth year medic, lived in Marris House for her first year and could literally roll out of bed five mins before lectures were due to start! There is a great kitchen/ social space for just 6 students to share. She's still great friends with the people she met there.
Original post by sophia28
from what I've seen Park View village is closest to the med school (less than 10 min walk) and its pretty new so I think that's a popular one for med students :smile:

Park View looks nice! Do we choose accommodation once we firm Newcastle?
Park View looks nice! Do we choose accommodation once we firm Newcastle?

I think so! But theres no rush as its not first come first serve, everyone who applies before July 31st gets equal consideration and its just random
Reply 48

I had to email them about something else and they mentioned that the occ health questionnaire "will be sent in due course to all who firm an offer with us" (I didn't even ask about it, they were just helpful and added the info!)
yr13 with an offer! ill defo be firming newcastle and insuring hyms. Park view looks gorg so does park terrace and kensington terrace :smile:
Reply 50
Anyone know when application for accommodation normally opens up and whether it is first come first serve or everyone has a a fair and equal chance?
Original post by KD02
Anyone know when application for accommodation normally opens up and whether it is first come first serve or everyone has a a fair and equal chance?

its says on their website that its not first come first serve
Reply 52
Original post by annaaaa12
its says on their website that its not first come first serve

Ah right thank you, must have missed that part
Yr13 just got my offer today and will probably be firming I'm over the moon ahh
Reply 54
Anyone know when they'll send out invites for offer holder events?
hey guys are anyone here under 18 and do anyone know what to do about the under 18 agreement?? Do I find the document on the website and send it via email or-
I got my offer through Partners! Anyone looked at accomodation yet?
Reply 57
Original post by bradleyellie
I got my offer through Partners! Anyone looked at accomodation yet?

If you want to have a look, a good place to start would be searching up student crowd Newcastle uni accommodation. It ranks the accommodation from student reviews, and while that to an extent is important I mainly used it to see all the options available and tried to tailor my search to my preferences.
Hi everyone! Just wondering if people on here have had email conformation from the med school about their offers? I received an email from newcastle uni but it doesnt seem specific to medicine. Also has anyone gotten an invite for an offer holder event?
Reply 59
Original post by Fizzacer
Hi everyone! Just wondering if people on here have had email conformation from the med school about their offers? I received an email from newcastle uni but it doesnt seem specific to medicine. Also has anyone gotten an invite for an offer holder event?

I had a generic email basically saying congratulations we’ve made you an offer to study medicine. It then went on to say that they are planning offer holder events and will email to invite to those soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending