The Student Room Group

A question for BAME forum members

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
Update:

I visited him and my mum yesterday ...and for some strange reason they seem to have done a complete 180 ..and have told me they have taken the vaccine. My dad even seemed somewhat enthusiastic about it.

No idea what changed their mind, my dad seemed dead against it the last time we spoke..

They might just be humouring you. I know some people who refused the vaccine, but are just telling others they've had it as it's less hassle. Otherwise people keep banging on about it, making every conversation dull by always bringing it back to "why wont you get it?", that in the end they are finding it's less hassle to just play along and say you've had it.
Reply 61
Original post by Megacent
They might just be humouring you. I know some people who refused the vaccine, but are just telling others they've had it as it's less hassle. Otherwise people keep banging on about it, making every conversation dull by always bringing it back to "why wont you get it?", that in the end they are finding it's less hassle to just play along and say you've had it.

nah, they wouldn't lie about this...
Original post by ANM775
nah, they wouldn't lie about this...

How much have you tried persuading them? For example is it just an issue you've brought up once or do you mention it every time you speak?
Reply 63
Original post by Megacent
How much have you tried persuading them? For example is it just an issue you've brought up once or do you mention it every time you speak?

I've definitely mentioned it at least a few times.., although not excessively.

They're not the type of people to lie about something like this. If they say they've had the vaccine then they've had the vaccine
Original post by ANM775
Update:

I visited him and my mum yesterday ...and for some strange reason they seem to have done a complete 180 ..and have told me they have taken the vaccine. My dad even seemed somewhat enthusiastic about it.

No idea what changed their mind, my dad seemed dead against it the last time we spoke..

Bloody brilliant news !!!!!!!!!!

I’m genuinely happy.

How do you feel about it?
Reply 65
Original post by MatureStudent37
Bloody brilliant news !!!!!!!!!!

I’m genuinely happy.

How do you feel about it?

Thanks!

I was really shocked at first, but ultimately very pleased they've had it.

I'm relieved they finally saw sense. :smile:
Original post by ANM775
Thanks!

I was really shocked at first, but ultimately very pleased they've had it.

I'm relieved they finally saw sense. :smile:

I’m happy.

Is he telling his friends that he’s had it and there’s nothing to worry about?
Reply 67
Original post by MatureStudent37
I’m happy.

Is he telling his friends that he’s had it and there’s nothing to worry about?

I don't know, haven't asked him.... but i'm sure he'll mention he's had it at least

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending