The Student Room Group

How can i take Chemistry and Biology A Level at home?

Hey,
I’m in year 13 doing no science related A levels.
I’ve decided I wanted to do Bio and Chem at A level because i want to pursue a career in dentistry
I didn’t pick those a levels when i had the chance as i got 4,4,5 in GCSE triple science.
( i know my GCSE is bad but please no mean comments, i genuinely want to do better and am currently predicted AAA in the subjects i’m doing now of which are all “hard subjects”.
How can I study Biology and Chemistry A-Level as a private student?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by zakiyyah786
Hey,
I’m in year 13 doing no science related A levels.
I’ve decided I wanted to do Bio and Chem at A level because i want to pursue a career in dentistry
I didn’t pick those a levels when i had the chance as i got 4,4,5 in GCSE triple science.
( i know my GCSE is bad but please no mean comments, i genuinely want to do better and am currently predicted AAA in the subjects i’m doing now of which are all “hard subjects”.
How can I study Biology and Chemistry A-Level as a private student?

First, you need to pass Practical Endorsements for both subjects so you need to find a centre or college.
Second, Dental schools want good GCSEs in sciences i.e. A*s
Third, if you're starting from scratch for these A levels especially you do need a tutor for guidance
Fourth, Time is of the essence!!!

I'm currently in yr13 studying maths biology chemistry and physics. Have an offer from the University of Cambridge to study Physical Sciences. If you need any advice just contact me. Hope this helps
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest