The Student Room Group

Should i quit my a levels?

Im currently in post 16 and im really not enjoying it at all. I hated school all the way up to year 11 and so im not really sure why i chose to take a levels. Ive been struggling and the school thinks im smart, but i really just cheat on tests and class work. Im in a sticky situation now. I hated a levels from the start and really want to drop out. I have found a course in music production and was thinking of joining that. I would received the same amount of UCAS points as three a levels by the end of the course so its definitely an option. My parents firmly believe that i should stay and complete my a levels and i havent even told them that im thinking of dropping out. Im in a very unhappy position. I have barely any friends in post 16 and i just hate school work. Should i drop out and join a course in music production? Or should i stick it out and continue doing what i hate for another year or so?
(edited 3 years ago)
I would go for it, if that UCAS course gets you where u want to go and makes you happier then go for it. I hated my A-levels aswell but i finished them and i mostly regret doing it. Everyone's situation is different i wasn't struggling with the A-levels it was anxiety and the people in my year. There's just no point carrying on if ur not happy.
Reply 2
Original post by holly0212
I would go for it, if that UCAS course gets you where u want to go and makes you happier then go for it. I hated my A-levels aswell but i finished them and i mostly regret doing it. Everyone's situation is different i wasn't struggling with the A-levels it was anxiety and the people in my year. There's just no point carrying on if ur not happy.

Thanks for the response. I reckon i'll tell my parents about the whole situation and hopefully they'll see where i'm coming from. Your comment helps because it gives me confidence that this is the right decision. Cheers
Original post by Jam374744
Thanks for the response. I reckon i'll tell my parents about the whole situation and hopefully they'll see where i'm coming from. Your comment helps because it gives me confidence that this is the right decision. Cheers

With lockdown and delay of lessons, im considering it aswell
Reply 4
Original post by username5671834
With lockdown and delay of lessons, im considering it aswell

What other options have you been looking at?
Original post by Jam374744

no problem. I think A-levels are kinda overrated they aren't worth being unhappy over there's always other options. I hope it all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest