The Student Room Group

When do year 11s leave 2021 uk

I am currently in year 11. With our GCSEs being different this year I was wondering what time do we actually leave? Do we end up leaving earlier or later than usual. I know are assessments should finish on June 18th so will we leave then? Also a quick question: do you think proms will happen in the uk with the restrictions in summer as I think it will be a lot more relaxed so we might have prom now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katec050
I am currently in year 11. With our GCSEs being different this year I was wondering what time do we actually leave? Do we end up leaving earlier or later than usual. I know are assessments should finish on June 18th so will we leave then? Also a quick question: do you think proms will happen in the uk with the restrictions in summer as I think it will be a lot more relaxed so we might have prom now.

The answer right now is unfortunately: we don't know :frown:. The government should be revealing the exact date at which schools for both a level students and GCSE students will be allowed to leave. The fact that we aren't doing proper exams, might mean we use the whole school year to finish learning content, even after assessments have finished, but we simply have no idea.
In terms of proms, if the social restrictions are all lifted in line with what Boris said, there is a chance it could be possible. But nothing like that can be confirmed yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Jingonator
The answer right now is unfortunately: we don't know :frown:. The government should be revealing the exact date at which schools for both a level students and GCSE students will be allowed to leave. The fact that we aren't doing proper exams, might mean we use the whole school year to finish learning content, even after assessments have finished, but we simply have no idea.
In terms of proms, if the social restrictions are all lifted in line with what Boris said, there is a chance it could be possible. But nothing like that can be confirmed yet.

Thanks for the reply. It is so annoying that he isn't informing us in detail. I hope we don't go on after assessments to finish the course as it is pointless if you say are finishing off the physics course when you are not even doing it for A level. I would be happy just to finish off the course for the subjects I want to for A level like History, English lit and RE
Thanks for the reply. It is so annoying that he isn't informing us in detail. I hope we don't go on after assessments to finish the course as it is pointless if you say are finishing off the physics course when you are not even doing it for A level. I would be happy just to finish off the course for the subjects I want to for A level like History, English lit and RE

Yes there will be a lot of mixed opinion on this. I'm in yr 13 right now and will hopefully be studying medicine from September onwards this year. I would definitely want to finish the course for biology and chemistry before starting med school as I don't want to be behind anyone else. Math isn't as important for med, so the grade is all I really need, rather than the knowledge for my future career.
The priority is not just to get people fair grades, but make sure that they are prepared for higher education - that's why I think the government may keep GCSE and A Level students in school even after assessments.

The teachers are meant to send in the grades by June 18th so we should be gone by then
Reply 5
Original post by AnonymousGirl#16
The teachers are meant to send in the grades by June 18th so we should be gone by then

I just hope they dont keep us after June 18th because I see no point

Same, and with me at least doing creative subjects it’s not like we need to keep learning new content that we need for higher education, we will be ready so I hope they take that into account

Fingers crossed because I want to have a summer

I can't see any reason for your school to keep you in beyond the 18th.

In terms of proms, I think there are a few difficulties- firstly, normally things are booked/organised by this stage, and staff have a lot to deal with so prom won't be their first priority. Secondly, organisations may be wary of hosting large gatherings of unvaccinated people, even if they are legally allowed to. Thirdly, it may be that cases increase again and we aren't able to follow the road map.
Hi, it really depends on which school you go to or what the government says. They haven’t announced anything about when we leave yet, which is really frustrating I know, but we shouldn’t be in school for much longer. If we have to stay until June (which other year 11’s would have to do) then we won’t have any work to do because all our work/ assessments/ coursework would have already been handed in. So there would be no point in making us stay until June, however, I know what the government are like and they might make us stay until then. Hope this helps.
Our school told us today we won't be leaving until 25th June to finish GCSE courses ready for A-level.
Reply 11
Original post by A.Warrilow
Hi, it really depends on which school you go to or what the government says. They haven’t announced anything about when we leave yet, which is really frustrating I know, but we shouldn’t be in school for much longer. If we have to stay until June (which other year 11’s would have to do) then we won’t have any work to do because all our work/ assessments/ coursework would have already been handed in. So there would be no point in making us stay until June, however, I know what the government are like and they might make us stay until then. Hope this helps.

we have just been told we are leaving may 28th yayayyyyyy
Original post by mcbrown__1205
Our school told us today we won't be leaving until 25th June to finish GCSE courses ready for A-level.

It's good to know that your school is thinking about your future.
we have just been told we are leaving may 28th yayayyyyyy

i wish we could leave this early ugh
Why is it annoying? If you haven't been informed, then you should prepare for a July finish as per a normal school year. Do you think just because your a year 11 then you should get preferential treatment?

well if it helps we got a prom date for july 8th and we don't know when we be leaving there rumors saying it be on the 28th of may but out school hasn't told us anything hope this helps
Year 11 leave 2021 the same day the rest of us do: 31st December
We finish on the 28th May 2021.
We finish june 15
I'm currently in year 11 and I'm finishing next week on Friday 21st May

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending