The Student Room Group

Please helppp

Is anyone willing to help with biology as i really struggle with science?

Scroll to see replies

I could help you, i enjoyed science for GCSE and im currently studying biology in uni. Pm if u want :smile:
Reply 2
Omg thankyou so much! i cant pm yet but would you mind if ss the questions on here please?
Original post by izziw19
Omg thankyou so much! i cant pm yet but would you mind if ss the questions on here please?

Yea no problem post some questions up :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by holly0212
Yea no problem post some questions up :smile:

2021-03-04 (3).png2021-03-04 (4).png
Original post by izziw19

Do you want me to give you hints or tell and explain the answer? What parts do u find confusing about each question?
Reply 6
all of it tbh, i have loads of assessments this week and i am so struggling and stressed, sorry!
Original post by izziw19
Is anyone willing to help with biology as i really struggle with science

i am studying bio and i am bad at it to i got 3% in my exam who is worse
Reply 8
honestly, its so hard! We are in the same boat
Original post by izziw19
all of it tbh, i have loads of assessments this week and i am so struggling and stressed, sorry!

i) The genotype is described as heterozygous because it contains 2 different alleles.
The alleles are the letters around the Punnet square. So B is the dominant allele and b is the recessive allele. When you have Bb that is heterozygous because they are different (hetero means different).

ii) TACATCGG
This is because of the base pair rule. A always bonds with T. C always bonds with G.
For example A cant bond with C. so its always A-T and C-G

Im just double checking the last one haha
Reply 10
Original post by izziw19

-homozygous is if both alleles are the same (so bb or BB)- so your answer is that they're heterozygous because the two alleles are different (one recessive one dominant)
-for the sequencing one remember the phrase GCAT- Gs go with Cs and As go with Ts so wherever there's a G put a C and vice versa/ where there's an A put a T and vice versa
Reply 11
Original post by holly0212
i) The genotype is described as heterozygous because it contains 2 different alleles.
The alleles are the letters around the Punnet square. So B is the dominant allele and b is the recessive allele. When you have Bb that is heterozygous because they are different (hetero means different).

ii) TACATCGG
This is because of the base pair rule. A always bonds with T. C always bonds with G.
For example A cant bond with C. so its always A-T and C-G

Im just double checking the last one haha

You're a star! Thankyou so so much, i really appreciate it!!!
Reply 12
Original post by braindeadpog
-homozygous is if both alleles are the same (so bb or BB)- so your answer is that they're heterozygous because the two alleles are different (one recessive one dominant)
-for the sequencing one remember the phrase GCAT- Gs go with Cs and As go with Ts so wherever there's a G put a C and vice versa/ where there's an A put a T and vice versa

Thank you so so much for your help! I really appreciate it
Reply 13

-oh and for the last one it shows it has more than one allele because the same gene has different bases meaning that its a different version for the same gene (think about it like that gene might code for hair colour in both people but because the bases are different the actual colour it'll give will be different)
Reply 14
-oh and for the last one it shows it has more than one allele because the same gene has different bases meaning that its a different version for the same gene (think about it like that gene might code for hair colour in both people but because the bases are different the actual colour it'll give will be different)

ACE! Thankyou so much!
Reply 15
Original post by izziw19
Is anyone willing to help with biology as i really struggle with science?

2021-03-04 (5).png
Reply 16
Original post by izziw19
honestly, its so hard! We are in the same boat

if you struggle from learning from your textbook watch videos online like either from youtube (people cover like the whole of the content for a paper in 2 hours) or https://classroom.thenational.academy/ they do videos with quizzes or maybe just get a friend who knows it to explain it to you and then try and teach it back/ what i will say tho is to focus on exam questions as soon as you're finished with content
Reply 17
if you struggle from learning from your textbook watch videos online like either from youtube (people cover like the whole of the content for a paper in 2 hours) or https://classroom.thenational.academy/ they do videos with quizzes or maybe just get a friend who knows it to explain it to you and then try and teach it back/ what i will say tho is to focus on exam questions as soon as you're finished with content

Thankyou, we are going over the content we missed due to lockdowns and isolation periods so we are doing tests about super old topics we did like a year and a half ago.
same i am doing that when i go back to school after the easter holls
I think for the first plant question you could just put
i) select a weakly acidic soil (1 mark) and plant the seeds and allow them to grow (2nd mark)

ii) Place the plants in a more acidic soil and grow the seeds from the surviving plants and repeat this for several generations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending