The Student Room Group

Oxford MCF 2021 interview

Hi guys, I am not very sure if it is correct to place this thread here but thanks in advance for moving to the right place if not.
I applied to Oxford MCF, may I know if anyone receive the interview offer?

Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I applied in mid-November and no updates since
Reply 2
Original post by saly1234
Hey! I applied in mid-November and no updates since

I applied just by the ddl.
I think there's something changed with this program. In last year, there's paper based exam but this year no.
Maybe the same for interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Kuan_Yang
I applied just by the ddl.
I think there's something changed with this program. In last year, there's paper based exam but this year no.
Maybe the same for interview?

same here! Have you gotten any response yet? I'm starting to worry because they said the interviews should be conducted 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline + My application status says this:

Your application can be or has been considered by the relevant academic department. The Graduate Admissions website provides further information on the graduate admissions timetable and process.
Reply 4
Original post by c0vfefe
same here! Have you gotten any response yet? I'm starting to worry because they said the interviews should be conducted 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline + My application status says this:

Your application can be or has been considered by the relevant academic department. The Graduate Admissions website provides further information on the graduate admissions timetable and process.

Hi,

In this year, it is possible that the university could admit without interview.
Hope this helps and all the best with your application!
Reply 5
Hi,

In this year, it is possible that the university could admit without interview.
Hope this helps and all the best with your application!

Thank you. You too! May I please ask if you received an update or know anyone that has received a rejection email ? I'm worried that they are probably just picking acceptances and will eventually send a rejection email to everyone who was not selected.
Reply 6
Original post by c0vfefe
Thank you. You too! May I please ask if you received an update or know anyone that has received a rejection email ? I'm worried that they are probably just picking acceptances and will eventually send a rejection email to everyone who was not selected.

Hi, actually I have received an conditional offer in 25th Feb, however all of my peers of similar background are still waiting with no rejection. I believe they are still filling the places...
Reply 7
Original post by c0vfefe

Although received a con offer, I'm still worrying... Since I have to obtain a higher level of English before 31 Jul. Now, my IELTS tests are for twice 7.5, while the Speaking and Writing were 6.5 6.5 and 7 6, hence it's quite difficult...
Reply 8
Although received a con offer, I'm still worrying... Since I have to obtain a higher level of English before 31 Jul. Now, my IELTS tests are for twice 7.5, while the Speaking and Writing were 6.5 6.5 and 7 6, hence it's quite difficult...

Ah ok now it makes sense. May you please share your background?
Reply 9
Original post by c0vfefe
Ah ok now it makes sense. May you please share your background?

I've sent you a message for background.

Good luck!
Reply 10

Good luck!

its not letting me respond to you via pm . I have to say that's pretty impressive. You deserved the early acceptance, good luck! I'll let you know what happens privately once I get verified.
Reply 11
Original post by c0vfefe
its not letting me respond to you via pm . I have to say that's pretty impressive. You deserved the early acceptance, good luck! I'll let you know what happens privately once I get verified.

Same to you!
Reply 12
Hi, same here, applied on deadline but didn’t heard anything yet
Hi everyone. Yesterday I contacted the math department, they said the following: " Thank you for your email. All decisions regarding the MCF admissions have been made and we are in the process of recording those decisions and sending out the results." I guess we should hear about the decision very very soon.
Reply 14
Original post by Daniil54
Hi everyone. Yesterday I contacted the math department, they said the following: " Thank you for your email. All decisions regarding the MCF admissions have been made and we are in the process of recording those decisions and sending out the results." I guess we should hear about the decision very very soon.

Thank you Daniil54 for the update. I saw your DM but unfortunately I am a new user and the don't let me reply privately yet
Reply 15

Thanks for your information and gook luck with everyone!!! Finger Crossed

Hi mate. Thanks for the update. Do you think they mean they will send out interview invites these days? or rejection letters :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)

Good luck!

Hi mate. I am new to here. Would you mind sharing your profile again with me? Thanks.
Thanks for your information and gook luck with everyone!!! Finger Crossed

Congrats on your offer!!! that's a really quick decision! would you be so kind to share your background?
Original post by john23342121
Hi mate. Thanks for the update. Do you think they mean they will send out interview invites these days? or rejection letters :frown:

No idea, mate. I guess there are no interviews this year. I have seen 2 applicants who received MCF offers on the 25th of feb. and haven't seen rejections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending