The Student Room Group

Help in translating into Spanish

Hi
I’m not sure if the google translate version is accurate but how would you say
also I do not want my teeth to have any cavities from eating sweets’.

Thank you! :smile:
Además, no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Además, no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos.

Thanks
How would u say ‘that would be horrible’ (context: cavities would be horrible)
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Thanks
How would u say ‘that would be horrible’ (context: cavities would be horrible)

Eso sería horrible. If you want to mention cavities then it’d be “las caries serían horribles”
(edited 3 years ago)
Eso sería horrible. If you want to mention cavities then it’d be “las caries serían horribles”

Thank you!
Would it work if you say que instead of eso? It’s just that we haven’t learnt eso yet

Edit: could you pls help me with these phrases too:
1) I would hate
2)is to help me relax ‘para ayudarme a relajarme’?
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you!
Would it work if you say que instead of eso? It’s just that we haven’t learnt eso yet

Edit: could you pls help me with these phrases too:
1) I would hate
2)is to help me relax ‘para ayudarme a relajarme’?

“Que sería horrible” cannot be used on its own like that, wouldn’t make grammatical sense. It would have to be integrated into a sentence such as “no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos, sería horrible”. Tbh the sentence would sound better by inserting an “eso” which literally just means “that”. Couldn’t you say you looked it up or something?

1) I would hate = Odiaría

2) You’ve included 2 reflexive pronouns on the end of the verbs when only 1 is needed. So it could either be:

para ayudarme a relajar

or

para ayudar a relajarme
(edited 3 years ago)
“Que sería horrible” cannot be used on its own like that, wouldn’t make grammatical sense. It would have to be integrated into a sentence such as “no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos, sería horrible”. Tbh the sentence would sound better by inserting an “eso” which literally just means “that”. Couldn’t you say you looked it up or something?

1) I would hate = Odiaría

2) You’ve included 2 reflexive pronouns on the end of the verbs when only 1 is needed. So it could either be:

para ayudarme a relajar

or

para ayudar a relajarme

Thanks again- ok I will just say I searched it up. It’s just that he’s really strict about people using google translate because he says it not always correct.

Are you Spanish?
Thanks again- ok I will just say I searched it up. It’s just that he’s really strict about people using google translate because he says it not always correct.

It would be ridiculous if he were like that about someone wanting to know how to say ''that''. I'm also surprised he hasn't taught you that as it's a pretty basic word that's needed a lot in writing and speech...

Are you Spanish?

Yep.
It would be ridiculous if he were like that about someone wanting to know how to say ''that''. I'm also surprised he hasn't taught you that as it's a pretty basic word that's needed a lot in writing and speech...

Yep.

I’m not really sure either :confused:
I think it more like if it obvs a whole phrase has been put into google translate because google translate doesn’t translate into Spanish with the right context ygm?
I’m not really sure either :confused:
I think it more like if it obvs a whole phrase has been put into google translate because google translate doesn’t translate into Spanish with the right context ygm?

Yeah I get that but he should definitely be teaching you guys little connector words such as "that"!
Thank you!

If you want to avoid language you haven't yet been taught, you may want to rephrase the previous sentence to avoid using the subjunctive "salgan", which would probably be taught much later than "eso". You could say, for example "No quiero tener caries dentales por comer caramelos."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending