The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite Dragon Ball character?

Let me know, and also explain why.

I’ll go first, Goku Black, Super saiyan rosè is honestly the best form for saiyans imo, and he is an immortal, I think he could be the strongest if he was still around in Super

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannanj0
Let me know, and also explain why.

I’ll go first, Goku Black, Super saiyan rosè is honestly the best form for saiyans imo, and he is an immortal, I think he could be the strongest if he was still around in Super

Probably young Goten or adolescent Gohan.
Goten is like Goku 2.0, but funnier, more mischievious, and can pack a bigger punch despite how he looks. I tend to like characters that have huge hidden potential/OP where most of the supporting characters tend to overlook.

Gohan during this period is pretty funny, and I found it interesting how you try to make an OP fit into a normal high school life. He does look like a dork in a superhero outfit though.
Frieza, Fat Buu, then maybe Vegeta
Original post by MindMax2000
Goten is like Goku 2.0, but funnier, more mischievious, and can pack a bigger punch despite how he looks. I tend to like characters that have huge hidden potential/OP where most of the supporting characters tend to overlook.

Gohan during this period is pretty funny, and I found it interesting how you try to make an OP fit into a normal high school life. He does look like a dork in a superhero outfit though.

That’s great, I can see why you like them!
The one thing I just don’t understand is how Goten and Trunks are able to achieve the Super Saiyan form so quickly, remember back in Dragon Ball Z when it was made out to be so hard to achieve the Super Saiyan form?
Reply 4
Deku
That’s great, I can see why you like them!
The one thing I just don’t understand is how Goten and Trunks are able to achieve the Super Saiyan form so quickly, remember back in Dragon Ball Z when it was made out to be so hard to achieve the Super Saiyan form?

Yeah, it's so weird. I don't know how old Gohan was when he first achieved Super Saiyan status in the Cell Saga, but really it didn't need to make it seem like it's a lot harder than it should be.
Yeah, it's so weird. I don't know how old Gohan was when he first achieved Super Saiyan status in the Cell Saga, but really it didn't need to make it seem like it's a lot harder than it should be.

Haha imagine I searched it up and it said that at the time Goten was born, Goku had enough S cells, which were then passed on to Goten giving him the chance to easily turn Super Saiyan, it kinda makes sense if you think about it because, Goku wasn’t as strong when Gohan was born that’s why it was harder for Gohan

i remember i used to hate gohan when he became an adult when i was small. i like him now tho
Majin Vegeta

He was mentally so strong-willed that he 'allowed' the greatest sorcerer to 'control' his mind and body (at least that's what the sorcerer thought), just for his own personal gain in becoming physically stronger. When it came to the sorcerer trying to use Vegeta's body for his own agenda, Majin Vegeta refused, which had never happened to the sorcerer before, and then he used that enhanced power for his own uses. He's too badass. Overall Vegeta's character has probably had the most development generally throughout the entire series which is why I like him a lot, but Majin Vegeta just demonstrates raw will-power and mind control to a degree which hasn't been shown since from any other character!
(edited 3 years ago)
Haha imagine I searched it up and it said that at the time Goten was born, Goku had enough S cells, which were then passed on to Goten giving him the chance to easily turn Super Saiyan, it kinda makes sense if you think about it because, Goku wasn’t as strong when Gohan was born that’s why it was harder for Gohan

I suppose so.

Just remembered when Future Trunks first came onto the DBZ scene and confronting Freiza and Cold. Probably my favourite episode in the series. The entrance could not have been animated better.
It's a shame they changed the voice actor for the English dub version, since I liked the original. His character also progressively changed throughout the Cell Saga which was kind of disappointing.
i dunno how you guys can remember so much from dbz. i barely remember anything- but that probably cos i watched it when i was really small
Original post by ScarletMillion
i remember i used to hate gohan when he became an adult when i was small. i like him now tho

I wasn't keen on his dorky attitude. He seemed awkward, and fitting in was definitely an issue. The other aspects of him seemed great though.
Goku, probably. I used to dislike him cuz I thought he was by design too op but now I think he's great, doesn't give up, cheerful warrior, etc. I used to think he was an airhead but he's very smart in fights.
Original post by CatGentleman
Goku, probably. I used to dislike him cuz I thought he was by design too op but now I think he's great, doesn't give up, cheerful warrior, etc. I used to think he was an airhead but he's very smart in fights.

Yeah his fighting IQ is top tier same as vegeta, but he is still an airhead with anything else lmao
Original post by TheChosenWon
Majin Vegeta

He was mentally so strong-willed that he 'allowed' the greatest sorcerer to 'control' his mind and body (at least that's what the sorcerer thought), just for his own personal gain in becoming physically stronger. When it came to the sorcerer trying to use Vegeta's body for his own agenda, Majin Vegeta refused, which had never happened to the sorcerer before, and then he used that enhanced power for his own uses. He's too badass. Overall Vegeta's character has probably had the most development generally throughout the entire series which is why I like him a lot, but Majin Vegeta just demonstrates raw will-power and mind control to a degree which hasn't been shown since from any other character!

This is soo good, Vegeta must’ve had a very strong mind to refuse the Sorcerers control, if you think about it, Vegeta outplayed a Sorcerer (Babidi?)
I suppose so.

Just remembered when Future Trunks first came onto the DBZ scene and confronting Freiza and Cold. Probably my favourite episode in the series. The entrance could not have been animated better.
It's a shame they changed the voice actor for the English dub version, since I liked the original. His character also progressively changed throughout the Cell Saga which was kind of disappointing.

Yeah that was a great episode, but I don’t really remember that specific one, prob cos I watched it years ago.

Did you know that specific trunks had his own back story, I’m not sure if this is accurate but if you watch DBZ: History of Trunks, that’s the same trunks
This is soo good, Vegeta must’ve had a very strong mind to refuse the Sorcerers control, if you think about it, Vegeta outplayed a Sorcerer (Babidi?)

Yep exactly! It was such an epic scene when Babidi couldn't control Vegeta. Then Vegeta goes into his famous badass speech about Saiyan pride! :biggrin:
Vegeta from DBZ Abridged, deffo.

In fact i'm away to youtube to watch the 'Best ofs'

Yeah that was a great episode, but I don’t really remember that specific one, prob cos I watched it years ago.

Did you know that specific trunks had his own back story, I’m not sure if this is accurate but if you watch DBZ: History of Trunks, that’s the same trunks

It involved cyborg Freiza getting a bit too cocky. My favourite lines were:
Trunks [after turning SS and watching Freiza shaking]: "Was it something I've said?"...

Freiza: "They have the same eyes"...

Freiza: "No way"
Trunks [lifting a huge energy ball released by Freiza]: "Excuse me, is this yours?"

Yeah, I know of it. Timeline theory in DBZ, who knew Toriyama would use it to such extent in the series?
My girlfriend's is Vegeta, but I don't really have one. I have a favourite fusion though.

Quick Reply

Latest