The Student Room Group

is it bad to have a grade 4 as an overall gcse grade

????????????
A grade 4 in GCSE is not the worst you can achieve... In my opinion I think that a grade 4 is an average grade and you should work harder for a-levels :smile:
Original post by fkiraxo
????????????

i mean you want to try and get as high a grade as possible but a 4 is a pass and there will be so many people getting the same or under. but its not about that don't compare yourself to others. dont sell yourself short, if u can get higher than a 4 then keep working todo so.
all id say is i think a 4 is a pass for the next few years although i heard that its because this grading is a new system and in the future they willmake a 5 the lowest pass so keep trying
Reply 3
Depends on what you constitute as "bad". It's a pass, so it's not "bad" in that regard; alternatively, if you're, for example, an 8 or a 9 student, it would be seen as "bad".
Depends on your aspirations and how many grade 4s you get.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Aspirations maybe?
Reply 6
Original post by Euapp
Aspirations maybe?

oh I did an gcse exam in year 10 and got a grade 4 but will not study law at a-levels so would the citizenship gcse matter if I got a 4?

Original post by glassalice
Depends on your aspirations and how many grade 4s you get.

oh I did an gcse exam in year 10 and got a grade 4 but will not study law at a-levels so would the citizenship gcse matter if I got a 4?

Original post by Diya_hem14
A grade 4 in GCSE is not the worst you can achieve... In my opinion I think that a grade 4 is an average grade and you should work harder for a-levels :smile:

oh ok thanks for this though

Original post by pic261746
i mean you want to try and get as high a grade as possible but a 4 is a pass and there will be so many people getting the same or under. but its not about that don't compare yourself to others. dont sell yourself short, if u can get higher than a 4 then keep working todo so.
all id say is i think a 4 is a pass for the next few years although i heard that its because this grading is a new system and in the future they willmake a 5 the lowest pass so keep trying

yh this is true and i am going to work hard but i got a 4 but will not take it at a-level so it does not matter anyway
A 4 is a pass so it really depends if you're looking to get average grades or if you're the type of person who sees a 6 as a fail.

Quick Reply

Latest