The Student Room Group

national grid apprenticehip

Hi there. Has anyone applied to a national grid apprenticeship, any of them. It would just be nice to hear how the application is going for you and to help each other out with it all :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anom.econ
Hi there. Has anyone applied to a national grid apprenticeship, any of them. It would just be nice to hear how the application is going for you and to help each other out with it all :smile:

Hi.
I applied to the advanced gas apprenticeship. I did my online assessments in December, got told i passed the assessments like a month ago now and just waiting for a response whether I have been successful to get through to the assessment centre. What about you, how are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by NoEsInGeography
Hi.
I applied to the advanced gas apprenticeship. I did my online assessments in December, got told i passed the assessments like a month ago now and just waiting for a response whether I have been successful to get through to the assessment centre. What about you, how are you doing?

Oo nice and good luck!
I applied for project support about a month ago and have done the online interview. I'm waiting to hear about the assessment centre like you are. Do you have any idea when we'll find out about it and when the AC will be?
Oo nice and good luck!
I applied for project support about a month ago and have done the online interview. I'm waiting to hear about the assessment centre like you are. Do you have any idea when we'll find out about it and when the AC will be?

Good luck to you too,
well the application date closes in 10 days so anytime after that I suppose. I did get an email from them updating me saying that it could be the end of April until we find out, I hope not but it is what it is. I assume that the assessment centre wont be long after we find out though. I read that the degree apprenticeships were doing their assessment centre on teams which will be interesting if we get to do it. Have they emailed you to let you know if you passed the online assessments?
Reply 4
Good luck to you too,
well the application date closes in 10 days so anytime after that I suppose. I did get an email from them updating me saying that it could be the end of April until we find out, I hope not but it is what it is. I assume that the assessment centre wont be long after we find out though. I read that the degree apprenticeships were doing their assessment centre on teams which will be interesting if we get to do it. Have they emailed you to let you know if you passed the online assessments?

I haven’t heard anything back after the video interview. You applied earlier so it seems like they’ve emailed you more. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to hear more.
I haven’t heard anything back after the video interview. You applied earlier so it seems like they’ve emailed you more. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to hear more.

I cant imagine it being too much longer really. Once we find out it will probably move fairly quickly into the assessment centre and then to finding out. As there will be a lot to do if we are successful
Reply 6
I cant imagine it being too much longer really. Once we find out it will probably move fairly quickly into the assessment centre and then to finding out. As there will be a lot to do if we are successful

have you heard anything yet?
have you heard anything yet?

No still nothing yet, you? I am hoping that no news is good news. I imagine that it will now be mid April when we find out, If you think the 15th was the closing date then you have to wait like a wait to see if you get through the paper sift, after that you have 10 days to complete so that is roughly mid April.
Reply 8
No still nothing yet, you? I am hoping that no news is good news. I imagine that it will now be mid April when we find out, If you think the 15th was the closing date then you have to wait like a wait to see if you get through the paper sift, after that you have 10 days to complete so that is roughly mid April.

no i haven’t heard anything. hopefully next month
Reply 9
Can i ask what was involved in the online interview? I've been briefed about it via email but still no insight into what it will be like! any help will be appreciated, thanks!
Original post by CFC24
Can i ask what was involved in the online interview? I've been briefed about it via email but still no insight into what it will be like! any help will be appreciated, thanks!

I am doing the gas engineer role just so you know, but they asked me the following competency questions:
(1) name a time it was easier to ignore something but you didn’t (something like that).
(2) name a time you had to follow rules.
(3) describe a time you had to learn a new skill.
These could be different for you as we are applying for a different role. You get 3 minutes to answer them and you get 3 tries.
Hope this helps, if you need any other help feel free to ask.
Reply 11
I am doing the gas engineer role just so you know, but they asked me the following competency questions:
(1) name a time it was easier to ignore something but you didn’t (something like that).
(2) name a time you had to follow rules.
(3) describe a time you had to learn a new skill.
These could be different for you as we are applying for a different role. You get 3 minutes to answer them and you get 3 tries.
Hope this helps, if you need any other help feel free to ask.

thanks for the reply mate it's my mistake maybe I wasn't clear but I was meant to ask if anyone had advice on the Virtual Assessment Centre, i've already completer the stage you were referring to and have my online virtual assessment coming up next week so was hoping for some insight to how others' assessment went, thanks though for your help
Original post by CFC24
thanks for the reply mate it's my mistake maybe I wasn't clear but I was meant to ask if anyone had advice on the Virtual Assessment Centre, i've already completer the stage you were referring to and have my online virtual assessment coming up next week so was hoping for some insight to how others' assessment went, thanks though for your help

Which role have you applied for by the way? I haven't found out yet if I have got through to the assessment centre. The last email I received was saying I passed the online assessment and they will inform me before the end of April
Reply 13
Which role have you applied for by the way? I haven't found out yet if I have got through to the assessment centre. The last email I received was saying I passed the online assessment and they will inform me before the end of April

I applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship, found out monday i'd gone through to the virtual assessment and if successful from there i'll be invited to actual assessment centre for the last stage! fingers crossed. they're inviting people to assessment centre mid-end april so i should presume you'll be hearing from them very soon
Original post by CFC24
I applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship, found out monday i'd gone through to the virtual assessment and if successful from there i'll be invited to actual assessment centre for the last stage! fingers crossed. they're inviting people to assessment centre mid-end april so i should presume you'll be hearing from them very soon

Which role was it? I applied for the advanced apprenticeship for the gas role. Interesting to know what will happen at the 1st assessment centre and then the 2nd.
Reply 15
I got an email last week saying I have passed the online assessments and now are deciding which applicants will go to the assessment centre. No indication on a date. They just said as soon as possible. So more waiting.
Reply 16
Hi.

Any update about the assessment center
Reply 17
I just today received confirmation that I had passed the video interview and games stage and have been invited for the virtual assessment centre.The lady I spoke to said she would email next week with all the details.I applied for the Trainee Power System Engineer Higher Apprentice program.
Hi Ncube,What kind of things were involved in the Virtual Assessment Centre and how did it go?
hey any advice on the assessment centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending