The Student Room Group

Access to HE Stonebridge

Hi guys I am desperately in need of some help. Is anyone or has anyone done the Access to HE social care at Stonebridge. I am currently stuck on unit 4. The question is asking You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an academic report for your unit 5 assignment.You do not need to write the report for this unit you only need to produce an assignment plan.Your assignment plan needs to be as structured and detailed as possible so that you can use it when completing unit 5.GUIDANCE (I have seen the attachment with the assessors guide but I don't even know what I am looking at. Does anyone have any ideas what I am supposed to do. I would be so grateful Many thanks Chantelle

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Did you get anywhere with this? i am really struggling and don't know where to start!
Original post by chantelleP1
Hi guys I am desperately in need of some help. Is anyone or has anyone done the Access to HE social care at Stonebridge. I am currently stuck on unit 4. The question is asking You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an academic report for your unit 5 assignment.You do not need to write the report for this unit you only need to produce an assignment plan.Your assignment plan needs to be as structured and detailed as possible so that you can use it when completing unit 5.GUIDANCE (I have seen the attachment with the assessors guide but I don't even know what I am looking at. Does anyone have any ideas what I am supposed to do. I would be so grateful Many thanks Chantelle

Hi both, I'm working on this unit now for Access to Science but I have exactly the same question.

You need to use the assignment planner tasks to list all the things that contribute to your assignment e.g. if it's an illustrated report, it will include things like including any title page, contents page, intro, sections, headings and word count(s). They're all listed in the previous unit they tell you to refer to.

Then with that list of things, you need to make a calendar planner (there is a template attached on the unit 4 assignment brief), and create a plan of how you go about ticking off each of these things day by day.

As I said, I'm working on this now and haven't submitted anything but that's what I understand of it. Hope it helps you both.
Original post by Sorchamcev
Hi both, I'm working on this unit now for Access to Science but I have exactly the same question.

You need to use the assignment planner tasks to list all the things that contribute to your assignment e.g. if it's an illustrated report, it will include things like including any title page, contents page, intro, sections, headings and word count(s). They're all listed in the previous unit they tell you to refer to.

Then with that list of things, you need to make a calendar planner (there is a template attached on the unit 4 assignment brief), and create a plan of how you go about ticking off each of these things day by day.

As I said, I'm working on this now and haven't submitted anything but that's what I understand of it. Hope it helps you both.

Hi All,
I am also stuck on this Unit 4. I am doing Access to Computer Science. I have submitted the assignment plan but the tutor has asked me to include details of Unit 5 which is not writing. It is about creating a list of emails. Can someone help as I only have one chance to submit again? Thank you
Original post by MatStudent1120
Hi All,
I am also stuck on this Unit 4. I am doing Access to Computer Science. I have submitted the assignment plan but the tutor has asked me to include details of Unit 5 which is not writing. It is about creating a list of emails. Can someone help as I only have one chance to submit again? Thank you

Hi, your assignment will be slightly different but we had to look at what the structure of our illustrated report on Cell Biology in Unit 5 will be composed of e.g: Intro, findings (sections 1,2, and 3), conclusions, recommendations and then build these components into the daily timetable planner showing in detail how we will accomplish each part and deadlines to complete them by. Hope that helps?

E.g. 9-12am - read theory
12-1pm lunch
2-3pm create mind map of section 1 answer
Hi, your assignment will be slightly different but we had to look at what the structure of our illustrated report on Cell Biology in Unit 5 will be composed of e.g: Intro, findings (sections 1,2, and 3), conclusions, recommendations and then build these components into the daily timetable planner showing in detail how we will accomplish each part and deadlines to complete them by. Hope that helps?

E.g. 9-12am - read theory
12-1pm lunch
2-3pm create mind map of section 1 answer

Thank you. Can you please PM me a template you have used for this? I am really loosing my mind on this! Thank you
Thank you. Can you please PM me a template you have used for this? I am really loosing my mind on this! Thank you

There is a template given, but it's similar to the picture on this site! http://www.sussex.ac.uk/skillshub/?id=393

Just make sure you make it related to your assignment, so instead of 'human geography' it might be read content on chapter 1, then next one might be draft section 1 etc etc. You need to make a tick list of things that you need to do to complete your assignment and then fill that into a calendar timetable over 10 days. Hope this helps!
There is a template given, but it's similar to the picture on this site! http://www.sussex.ac.uk/skillshub/?id=393

Just make sure you make it related to your assignment, so instead of 'human geography' it might be read content on chapter 1, then next one might be draft section 1 etc etc. You need to make a tick list of things that you need to do to complete your assignment and then fill that into a calendar timetable over 10 days. Hope this helps!

Thank you for this. I have done this but the tutor now wants me to write a formal academic report in relation to unit 5
Reply 8
Hi everyone,

I am studying nursing for my access course at Stonebridge. I am now onto unit 4.

~ produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an illustrated report for your unit 5 assignment.
If someone has done this already please could I have some advice?

thank you :smile:
hollie
Original post by Hollie24
Hi everyone,

I am studying nursing for my access course at Stonebridge. I am now onto unit 4.

~ produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an illustrated report for your unit 5 assignment.

hollie

Hi hollie, have you read the thread above? Make a calendar plan and relate it to the sections that will be in your actual unit 5 assignment.
Reply 10
Original post by Hollie24
Hi everyone,

hollie

My guess is some sort of timetable or plan to enable you to work through the requirements for your unit 5
Has anyone done unit 8 access to nursing, the sociology in health and social care unit? I’m really stuck 😩
Reply 12
Original post by Gemmahannah11
Has anyone done unit 8 access to nursing, the sociology in health and social care unit? I’m really stuck 😩

Omg help with unit 8 I need to resubmit it. I'm terrified
Reply 13
Thank you for this. I have done this but the tutor now wants me to write a formal academic report in relation to unit 5

hi, did you pass this unit? i am struggling a lot and would appreciate some help. could i please see how you did this as i can not get my head around it :frown:
hey, i'm doing access to social work and struggling with unit 5 - introduction to psychology, I've to produce an academic report but im not sure how to structure this in relation to the assessor guidance document they have given, could anyone help me with this
hi,how are you doing with unit 5? im struggling so much with conclusion etc its so hard.
Original post by chescamcg
hey, i'm doing access to social work and struggling with unit 5 - introduction to psychology, I've to produce an academic report but im not sure how to structure this in relation to the assessor guidance document they have given, could anyone help me with this

im struggling with unit 5 too we could always help each other?
Original post by gabs_ak
hi, did you pass this unit? i am struggling a lot and would appreciate some help. could i please see how you did this as i can not get my head around it :frown:

im stuck too maybe we could help each other out?
Original post by shaniquag09
im struggling with unit 5 too we could always help each other?

Yeah sure, what’s your email?
Inbox me and I’ll send you my email or social details
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending