The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

university of Southampton

hi everyone, I have received an offer from Southampton to study child nursing and I am looking at their accommodation, does anyone have any tips/advise for applying to accommodation? or is/has anyone studied at Southampton? I would appreciate any advice thank you x
Fire away any questions you have! - Final year student at Soton :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Prospect_Med
Fire away any questions you have! - Final year student at Soton :smile:

Hey!
How has your experience been so far at Southampton? What would you say is the best halls/accommodation if im studying child nursing?
I'm in two minds about coming to Southampton, would you mind sharing some experiences, is it a good uni etc?
I would really appreciate it, thank you x
I’m going to study child nursing in September too
Reply 4
Original post by Amber_tay
I’m going to study child nursing in September too

at Southampton?
Original post by Unadkat
hi everyone, I have received an offer from Southampton to study child nursing and I am looking at their accommodation, does anyone have any tips/advise for applying to accommodation? or is/has anyone studied at Southampton? I would appreciate any advice thank you x

Hello Unadkat, ☺️👋🏼

I'm a student at the University of Southampton (UoS) and I am assuming your offer is for the BSc Child Nursing course at UoS. For my first year, I opted to live in halls. I chose Archers Road and got allocated an ensuite room at Gateley halls, which gave me a lot of peace of mind and space. I got to meet other first-year students so making friends was ideal and the free bus pass helped me get around the city when I was still coming to grips with my new environment. When applying for university accommodation I recommend doing so as early as possible to increase your chances of getting your first/second choice. So don't leave it too late!!

I have included a link with all university accommodation options (ensuite, non-ensuite, part-catered and self-catered) to help you in your decision: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/halls

My experience of studying at Southampton has been very positive. I enjoy the variety of activities and venues that are available to suit all tastes and interests. There are a lot of nice parks and easy cycle routes for those who enjoy alternative modes of travel. The student union are always hosting events and the choice of societies are endless. Last year I joined the Skydiving society and this year I've joined the Hillwalking (Hiking) soc so I got to take up an activity I would have not got to experience.

I would love to answer more specific questions you may have so don't hesitate to ask!

~ Sarah, 2nd-year Sociology with Anthropology student
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
My daughter is a second year engineer at Southampton. She stayed in Glen Eyre for her first year in a flat with shared kitchen and bathrooms. She loved it and is now sharing a house with people she lived with last year. The kitchen proved to be real social space and the shared bathrooms were not an issue as they were cleaned regularly by university cleaners.
Southampton is a fantastic university and my daughter is having a whale of a time. The engineering dept has been very supportive during the pandemic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending