The Student Room Group

NMC - Supporting Declaration of Good Health form

I'm an international mature student, currently pursuing MSc Nursing in UK. I've been registered with a GP practice since 2018. They have now refused to complete the form stating that they've had some issues from NMC, without further explanation. I can't register with another GP as the process will take weeks if not months due to the current pandemic (including transferring my medical records to new practice etc). Without this form, I can't proceed any further with my application. Any advice ?
Reply 1
Try contacting the occupational health department at the uni and tell them the problems you're having.
Reply 2
They don’t hv one for students... I’ve done and checked everything. I’ve even emailed NMC and waiting to hear from them. It’s ridiculous how one letter from GP can determine my career here.
Reply 3
Original post by parvinaidu
I'm an international mature student, currently pursuing MSc Nursing in UK. I've been registered with a GP practice since 2018. They have now refused to complete the form stating that they've had some issues from NMC, without further explanation. I can't register with another GP as the process will take weeks if not months due to the current pandemic (including transferring my medical records to new practice etc). Without this form, I can't proceed any further with my application. Any advice ?

They don’t hv one for students... I’ve done and checked everything. I’ve even emailed NMC and waiting to hear from them. It’s ridiculous how one letter from GP can determine my career here.

Stop pestering the NMC until you've done your nursing degree and have sent off your forms for registration. You do not need to sort declaration of good health/character forms with them until you're about to register or are registered.
The good health/character forms you need to worry about are the ones for whichever university you have a place at. These are not the NMC ones but the ones the university gives you. You will only be able to continue on your MSc once you have clearance from the university. Hdeniso is clearly on about the university not the NMC (it's in their post!) as it's the university who deals with things at this stage.
Original post by Emily_B
Stop pestering the NMC until you've done your nursing degree and have sent off your forms for registration. You do not need to sort declaration of good health/character forms with them until you're about to register or are registered.
The good health/character forms you need to worry about are the ones for whichever university you have a place at. These are not the NMC ones but the ones the university gives you. You will only be able to continue on your MSc once you have clearance from the university. Hdeniso is clearly on about the university not the NMC (it's in their post!) as it's the university who deals with things at this stage.

Exactly as Emily_B has said stop emailing & pestering NMC as you won't get anywhere with it.
Worry about things once you got a place at university and starting as a student nurse.
Deal with the university about this okay as like others said try and resolve the problems you have got first before anything else.
Majority of what you said only needing sort for registration.
Reply 5

p.s. here's the bit from the NMC themselves which says you need to pester the university not them :smile: https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/health-and-character/good-health-and-good-character-for-aeis/
Original post by Tracey_W
Exactly as Emily_B has said stop emailing & pestering NMC as you won't get anywhere with it.
Worry about things once you got a place at university and starting as a student nurse.
Deal with the university about this okay as like others said try and resolve the problems you have got first before anything else.
Majority of what you said only needing sort for registration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending