The Student Room Group

Access to Nursing

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has studied an Access to nursing course via an online platform?

If so who did you choose to go with?

Reply 1
Original post by BethanyJane91
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has studied an Access to nursing course via an online platform?

Hi,

I'm currently studying 'health professions' with Aspire. They have been amazing and I'm really enjoying the course. I've since been offered a place to study adult nursing at university, so the course definitely meets most University requirements.
I have done an access course previously with 'Infused learning' but quit after a few months as I found them quite unhelpful. Aspire on the other hand are great, would definitely recommend! Hope this helps and good luck with your nursing journey! 😊🤞🏻
https://aspirecourses.com/
Original post by BethanyJane91
Hello,

Hi

I'm almost at the end of my access course, I signed up through my local college to study online and they use pearl.
The actual course and tutors are fantastic, just the access manager is a bit of a pain to get hold of if you have any questions, but I believe this is more the college than pearl themselves.
I have interviews coming up with the universities I applied to, so as previous poster said they definitely meet the criteria.
Good luck with whatever you choose 😊
Thankyou both for your recommendations for online colleges. Aspire does look good! Very Indepth aswell and it's great that the fee includes level 2 studying of maths which I need.

Great to see you've got some interviews to attend, good luck :smile: and I hope you get a place!

I wish you both the best on your journeys too 😊
Original post by rcmscv
Hi,

I'm currently studying 'health professions' with Aspire. They have been amazing and I'm really enjoying the course. I've since been offered a place to study adult nursing at university, so the course definitely meets most University requirements.
I have done an access course previously with 'Infused learning' but quit after a few months as I found them quite unhelpful. Aspire on the other hand are great, would definitely recommend! Hope this helps and good luck with your nursing journey! 😊🤞🏻
https://aspirecourses.com/

Hi @rcmscv I am sorry to hear this. Please do get in contact with your concerns as we haven't received any formal complaints since Infused Learning set up in 2014. Kind regards Infused Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know when the results for 'access to nursing' are released. My daughter was told by her college yesterday that she has to wait for her certificate, they do not give out results? She knows the grades for each assignment but was told they had to go off to moderators? Seems crazy. She is waiting to have her uni place confirmed?
Original post by Carla.bird
Does anyone know when the results for 'access to nursing' are released. My daughter was told by her college yesterday that she has to wait for her certificate, they do not give out results? She knows the grades for each assignment but was told they had to go off to moderators? Seems crazy. She is waiting to have her uni place confirmed?

Hi @Carla.bird It depends upon each training provider and results do have to be verified by the awarding bodies but you could ask for a 'provisional statement of achievement'. This would show the credits your daughter has achieved and the UCAS points too. In the past I have written letters for Universities to to confirm provisional grades whilst we wait for formal confirmation so you could ask them for that or for them to email the University. Hope this helps Kind regards The Infused Team
Original post by Infused_Learning
Hi @Carla.bird It depends upon each training provider and results do have to be verified by the awarding bodies but you could ask for a 'provisional statement of achievement'. This would show the credits your daughter has achieved and the UCAS points too. In the past I have written letters for Universities to to confirm provisional grades whilst we wait for formal confirmation so you could ask them for that or for them to email the University. Hope this helps Kind regards The Infused Team

Thanks for your quick reply! I am still confused as to when the result will be confirmed rather than a provisional result? I am aware that Alevel results are due 10th August and Uni places confirmed at that point. I'm unsure when places will be confirmed when using the access route? Apologies if I a missing something?
Original post by Carla.bird
Thanks for your quick reply! I am still confused as to when the result will be confirmed rather than a provisional result? I am aware that Alevel results are due 10th August and Uni places confirmed at that point. I'm unsure when places will be confirmed when using the access route? Apologies if I a missing something?

@Carla.bird each centre is different as it depends on when the awarding body have signed off and checked all results. We signed ours off last Monday and I noticed on social media other providers have finalised their results this week. Have you tried contacting them again? Or if you know which awarding body is awarding the qualification you could give them a quick call? Kind regards, The Infused Team
Thanks, Will call exam board! Much appreciated

Quick Reply