The Student Room Group

Morgan Stanley Degree Apprenticeship (Software engineering)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nmkat
I think they're making the calls now. I just got a call to say I've passed to the presentation round. I'm quite nervous!

Hey, congrats on passing to the last stage! What was your zoom interview like and how did you find it? Was the problem solving part easy? : )
Original post by maishamss
i just got through to the 11th march interview. i am extremely surprised considering for the first virtual interview question i went 'i think morgan stanley has innovative innovative innivative innovative innovative innovative innovative aaaaaa' and then ended the question (used up my first try badly too). i guess the virtual interview wasnt used that much then. wooooooo

I have my interview on March 11th too!
Reply 62
Original post by AnonymousB2
Hey, congrats on passing to the last stage! What was your zoom interview like and how did you find it? Was the problem solving part easy? : )

the problem solving part was definitely not easy for me! but they are looking to see how you would go about it as there is no right or wrong. I found that really challenging but I managed to pass that stage so its more about what ideas you have rather than a right or wrong answer.
Reply 63

I have my final presentation on the 10th of march🤞

omg is urs at 10.45?
Original post by maishamss
omg is urs at 10.45?

Ahh no mines at 9am! Good luck with yours!!
Original post by ttiiaa
the problem solving part was definitely not easy for me! but they are looking to see how you would go about it as there is no right or wrong. I found that really challenging but I managed to pass that stage so its more about what ideas you have rather than a right or wrong answer.

Ahh yeah that makes sense Thankyou! Just wondering, do you know which uni supplies the degree half of the apprenticeship as I’m just trying to find that out : )
Reply 67
Ahh yeah that makes sense Thankyou! Just wondering, do you know which uni supplies the degree half of the apprenticeship as I’m just trying to find that out : )

I think for Morgan Stanley they partner up with Queen Mary's University in London. Not entirely sure though because I've read that on a random website.
Maybe you could ask that at the end of your interview haha!
Reply 68

Same! Are these interviews one-to-one?
Reply 69
Original post by ttiiaa
I think for Morgan Stanley they partner up with Queen Mary's University in London. Not entirely sure though because I've read that on a random website.
Maybe you could ask that at the end of your interview haha!

Yep that’s true, I read that on the website when applying.
Reply 70
Original post by anon312
Same! Are these interviews one-to-one

Is this your first interview or your second, presentation interview?
They are both 1-1 anyways
Reply 71
Has anyone else not heard anything since the video interview? No rejection but also no confirmation of passing to the next stage? My video interview was a few weeks ago now.
Reply 72

thank you! I think my zoom interview was ok. i was pretty nervous in the beginning but got better as the interview continued, make sure to try to calm yourself before you start. the problem solving part wasn't too bad I think. take your time to think before you answer and make sure you explain how you get to it. they want to see your thought process. also remember to switch your microphone off after the interview has finished.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by ttiiaa
I have my final presentation on the 10th of march🤞

I have mine on the 10th of march as well! what time is yours? mine is at 4pm.
Reply 74
Original post by nmkat
I have mine on the 10th of march as well! what time is yours? mine is at 4pm.

omg yhhh mine is at 4 as well ! ill see u there haha

ahhh good luck to you too <3
Original post by nmkat
thank you! I think my zoom interview was ok. i was pretty nervous in the beginning but got better as the interview continued, make sure to try to calm yourself before you start. the problem solving part wasn't too bad I think. take your time to think before you answer and make sure you explain how you get to it. they want to see your thought process. also remember to switch your microphone off after the interview has finished.

do you need to do research about morgan stanley? i've made a page of like everything about the role + company but idk if i even need it since it's strengths based
Reply 77
Has anyone received the zoom link for the interview tomorrow? I haven’t received mine yet (obviously there is still time for them to send it) but I wanted to know if I should email them.
Original post by anon312
Has anyone received the zoom link for the interview tomorrow? I haven’t received mine yet (obviously there is still time for them to send it) but I wanted to know if I should email them.

Shouldn't worry, mine takes place tomorrow at 9am and I've yet to receive mine
Reply 79
Done my presentation the other day! Anyone else? How did you guys find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending