The Student Room Group

MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Planet one
I did get an email couple weeks ago saying Degree Committee will sit at the end of Feb and applicants will be contacted early March. So far nothing yet. I have an offer from Cambridge for a similar course and I hope to get a similar response from Oxford but I am not optimistic at all. I applied for the part-time as I cannot commit full-time due to other commitments. Anyone else applied for the part time? I heard only 10 people or under apply for the part time every year and 5 get in.

Hey, did the Criminology department itself send you that email or was it a response to your query?
It was a response to my query.
Haven't heard anything at all. Full time applicant here.
Last year, by this date I had already been rejected.
Fingers crossed for this year! Best of luck for all of us!
For past three years they've been releasing results by end of Feb. I don't know what's causing them delay this time. It's just so nerve wrecking. Also, this 'early March' is so ambiguous. They should at least talk in terms of weeks!
Original post by Karan Mphil Crim
For past three years they've been releasing results by end of Feb. I don't know what's causing them delay this time. It's just so nerve wrecking. Also, this 'early March' is so ambiguous. They should at least talk in terms of weeks!

Do you think maybe there might be a lot of good applicants and they need time to select?
Its a mental torture and its f*****g irritating.
Original post by kennybrays
Do you think maybe there might be a lot of good applicants and they need time to select?

I'm pretty sure they must be receiving good applications every year.
There are definitely delays within the department. I just got accepted to my preferred college via email but haven't received an offer letter directly from the Criminology Department. Don't know what to make of it exactly.
Original post by zack0011
There are definitely delays within the department. I just got accepted to my preferred college via email but haven't received an offer letter directly from the Criminology Department. Don't know what to make of it exactly.

Does this mean you have received an offer?

OMG!!!
Could you give more details, please?
This email from the college is the first communication you receive from the University?
I haven't received anything at all, and as the portal is not updated until the enrollment, I have no clue of what is coming on
Original post by princessmegan
OMG!!!
Could you give more details, please?
This email from the college is the first communication you receive from the University?
I haven't received anything at all, and as the portal is not updated until the enrollment, I have no clue of what is coming on

Yes, this is the first communication I have received from Oxford and my portal isn't updated either. What if the department already made decisions and forwarded them to the colleges but forgot to inform the students? Really confusing.
Yes, this is the first communication I have received from Oxford and my portal isn't updated either. What if the department already made decisions and forwarded them to the colleges but forgot to inform the students? Really confusing.

I dont believe they simply forgot, maybe they are about to release the emails and your college was unusually quick in accepting you. Which college it is?
Congratulations, by the way!!!
I dont believe they simply forgot, maybe they are about to release the emails and your college was unusually quick in accepting you. Which college it is?

Yeah, that might be the case. They surely won't have forgotten. I applied to GTC, probably less popular so they were quick. Hope you get in too. and Thank you.
Yeah, that might be the case. They surely won't have forgotten. I applied to GTC, probably less popular so they were quick. Hope you get in too. and Thank you.

Thank you! Fingers crossed

I'm wondering if they are about to release emails will it be over the weekend or maybe next week? This news makes me nervous :s-smilie:

Congrats on your college acceptance.
Just received the regret email :frown:
I'm out. Going to wait for the Magister Juris application result now.
Best of luck for you guys!
Just received the regret email :frown:
I'm out. Going to wait for the Magister Juris application result now.
Best of luck for you guys!

I'm so sorry about that. I know how hard you must have worked in preparing your application, do not take it as a denigration of your intellect and I wish you the best in your other applications.
Do they send rejections before acceptances? I don't know what they're doing this year. They should just clear it as soon as possible.
Is there anyone else who hasn’t received a decision yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending